Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

starting an email service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincemeat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd like to start an email service on one of my domains. Does anyone know if that can be done on a domain that is HOSTED by directnic?

Vincemeat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks TexasFilly but I'm planning on using entergroup.com or netmongol.com.

I was just wondering if anyone knew if an email service like those could be set up on a domain that is hosted by directnic.com. Any help would really be appreciated.

Vincemeat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lotsofissues,

HOSTED by Directnic, they give it to you free upon registration.

For financial as well as other reasons, I would like to set up an email service on a domain hosted by them as opposed to hosted by someone else. They've told me it can't be done but I just want to make sure that is the case before I proceed. Perhaps I've misunderstood things or asked the wrong questions, it just seems like I should be able to do it.

If anyone has an email service on a directnic-hosted domain, knows someone who has, or knows if it can or cannot be done - I would appreciate your help.

DotDuDe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
consider IMP HORDE for free based email systems :)

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Try www.oemmail.com , I am sure they can make it work for you. If you cant set it up yourself they Charge $20, so for the cost of a reg and $20 you will have your email service, without hosting expenses :)

I am going to set one up myself for HiPal.com :)

Mike

Vincemeat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotDuDe - If I ever start my own email service I'll give IMP HORDE some consideration, thanks.

Tippy - oemmail is one of the services I've been seriously considering besides entergroup and netmongol. Each of them has their pluses and minuses.

Good luck with HiPal.com, its a nice name.

boychik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also use oemmail.com. You get one 468 x 60 banner.

I used mydomain.com for the ns and the setup is really easy.

You can have it forward directly to the email address, or set up a homepage (this way you can add more affiliate ad banners and some content.)

All I pay for is the domain (with any registrar)

Some samples of both:

www.000email.com (goes directly to login page)

www.mailrat.com (homepage/login)

I have over 3,000 users signed up, but don't expect to make much money this way.

Also, before you decide to commit one of your domain names, I suggest you get one of their free email accounts and see what they offer to users.

Good luck

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, everyone.net now only offer free (but with banner advertising) web-based e-mail services to REALLY HUGE sites. But you could start your small one from as low as $9.95 per month.

And you can do so with any host who allows you to modify your MX records. Most do, but some would ask for extra charges.

But I DON'T think directNIC or any registrar or host would give it to you free. Are you talking about something else?

Vincemeat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
boychik - Over a year ago I did get an email account from oemmail. They're one of three providers I think I can work with setting this up.

3000+ users is pretty darn good, good luck with your business(es) in the future. And yes, I know it's hard to make money from a free email service. That's why I'm going to offer a paid email service.

nameslave - What I meant was Directnic provides free hosting for domains you register with them, which is a pretty good deal to me. Unfortunately, by asking questions here and elsewhere, I now know they don't let you change the MX records of a domain that is hosted by them. Consequently, starting an email service on a domain registered with them requires me to have it hosted by someone else.

I do know Directnic is giving serious thought to offering a paid email service to their clients which would be great as far as I'm concerned. It would allow me to sell email addresses to my visitors without using an outside company for any part of the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom