Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Stolen domain: vy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilesd

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here, thanks to Dave Zan, who is being tremendously helpful.

This is to report the theft of the domain 'vy.com'. I'm not entirely sure how yet - it appears that the new owner compromised the account at network solutions that controlled it, and authorized a transfer. We're working with NSI now to try and resolve the issue, and the domain is on a legal hold with the 'new' registrar (directnic), who are being extremely helpful.

Any pointers anyone can give me on how to proceed with this would be very much appreciated. I've read the ICANN dispute policy, and it seems most of the steps need to be initiated by the registrar.

In the mean time, some others have posted on other forums that the domain was sold. This most definitely was not the case. It has always been owned by the same person, from the time at which domains were free (how else do you think I had a two letter domain!). The historical records at http://www.whois.sc/vy.com should confirm this - in addition I still have the renewal notices.

We did enter into discussions about selling the domain at one point last year, but these wound down when the seller seemed to be bogus.

If anyone offers you the domain for sale, please decline, I still hope to regain control (or rather my gf does - I am only the technical contact on it).

I'm blogging all the steps taken here - hopefully this will help anyone in the future who has the same problem - you can see this at http://orangelimey.blogs.com/

Thanks,

Giles

SYSTEMX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edited: as i was told, this whole thing was true!

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what a joke...

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stay alert, everyone. Please lend any assistance you can to Giles (gilesd).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom