Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Stop coding that roll over white box thing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah its really annoying.

RMF

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DONT FIX IT IF IT'S NOT BROKEN!

And before anyone says....... it's not an improvement!!!

Removing it would be the best idea.

Barry

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like they are on the mission to make this board as dysfunctional as possible.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Commerce.co.uk
DONT FIX IT IF IT'S NOT BROKEN!
Not about the hover thingy in particular (which I prefer not to comment at this time), but we do have a term for that: proactive thinking.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its sooo annoying!
take it away

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ITS TOTALLY AWESOME!! I LOVE IT!!!

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
That box that appears with the contents of the first post is one of the best developments I have seen on this dorum in a long time - even better than Tetris ;)

It means I don't have to click on Sales threads to see details and this forum is pretty slow loading so it saves HEAPS of time. Great job!

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
To make it better, maybe change it slightly to appear say 120 pixels to the right of the mouse cursor rather than below it, so it doesn't get in the way of the thread titles people are trying to read.

And get rid of Author, Topic, Status, Views and Replies - we already have all that information and it will make the box substantially smaller.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well - it is certainly interesting. Not sure yet if it is a big help or not.

But at least you are all thinking about what May or May Not be a plus for the site - and that is a good thing!!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-------------------
Personally I like it for the Sales ads .. You can view all the domains for sale in seconds, just by moving the cursor down the page.
-------------------

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By the way whois-search .. I'm not sure why you think it's annoying, you have it on your forum too :dead:

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tigga
That box that appears with the contents of the first post is one of the best developments I have seen on this dorum in a long time - even better than Tetris ;)

It means I don't have to click on Sales threads to see details and this forum is pretty slow loading so it saves HEAPS of time. Great job!

my thoughts too...

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is nice.
I get a sneak preview and then decide If I want to read a thread instead of going in and then saying 'that was a waste of time...'

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I too find the preview box annoying...is there a way to turn that off in user control panel?

Also, the folks running DNForum should consider that the more people who preview posts, the less likely they'll click on threads - I assume DNForum is to some extent ad supported...reducing clicks reduces pageviews, which in turn reduces banner views, which in turn likely reduces ad revenues, which doesn't seem too smart...but hey what do I know LOL! :laugh:

Ron

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's kinda annoying....but may be helpful for the sales area. But I think it should be a user option which they can have or not.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, if you're going to keep it, please do everyone a favor and turn off "ignore javascript errors" in your browsers. The error is "unterminated string constant", which looks like an easy fix. Please fix it. I test all of my websites this way. While many don't see errors, it's not good to have hanging around (it will cause other things, like javascript menus etc, to stop working inexplicably if left unchecked).

Other than that, yes, I do not care for the feature either. I was just starting to look through this forum regularly again, and this roll-over makes everything far too busy. Many times I do not surf here because things are too "busy" looking.

If anything, maybe limiting it TO the domain name sales forum? Seems to be the best place for it. This would seem easy to do, if the feature's activation is primarily template based (just don't set it for the other forum's templates).

~ Nexus

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
By the way whois-search .. I'm not sure why you think it's annoying, you have it on your forum too :dead:
Actually, I doubt it is a "vbhack" on Whois-Search's website (as it is here). This website currently uses vBulletin 2.3.2. Whois-Search's website uses vBulletin 3.0. I stopped by and checked it out, and I have to say, I prefer the way it is implemented there. It is *just* the message contents... nothing else.

If you are looking at all of the listing information already, why duplicate it in the preview (who posted, whether closed, how many views)? It's mind-numbingly redundant. I had that criticism already, but seeing how they (I assume the vb team) implemented it, it is a much better solution. Clearer. Cleaner. More value, less fluff. All new features should be so lean.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom