Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

strategy in selling ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Have a good name to start with.

Exactly...but some people, especially those seeking advice, may need/benefit from defining a "good name" and partly thats what I was trying to do in the very first paragraph of my post by noting:

Be very selective in registering/buying names and stay away from “vanity” names unless you’ve a specific reason for picking one.

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find that you can sometimes luck out and make a sale during normal chatting, just like here on a forum or on say yahoo business chat.

Best deal make sure you have decent domains ask yourself

Self, would I want to buy this if i saw it for sale?

If you answered yes then you are probably all right

If not

Sell, try your best to convince someone why they should have the privilege of owning your domain.

-cjamcd

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For a high value name get a "Professional Appraisal" - you have a starting point and can justify your demand with some logic. Not that you will get the appraised amount.

Do your homework. See if similar names and other tlds are gone.
Know the number of searches at Overture and Google. Do not show your desperation to cash out .

Wait till you get price you want (unless your bills are mounting). I have refused some four and one five figure offer and have no regrets.

If you think the name is not a big draw, take what is being offered and run with your $$$. Best of luck.

taz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes but how can I get a "Professional Appraisal"?

there are to many places to go and most of them just wants you to be happy with their service so they popup the value....

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used www.sedo.co.uk / www.sedo.us on several occasions.

They give useful and detailed information in their premium appraisals and the values are "realistic" as they reflect recent sales of similar names. (Probably a little on the conservative, i.e. low side).

If you are pretty sure your name is worth at least a couple of hundred dollars, but aren't sure whether you could get US$200 or US$1000, the US$39 you pay could be dollars that you more than recover.

They also do a less detailed appraisal for US$19, but I have always ended up with the US$39 one.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by calinbirlean
Yes but how can I get a "Professional Appraisal"?

there are to many places to go and most of them just wants you to be happy with their service so they popup the value....

I would recommend http://Sedo.us or http://GreatDomains.com
They give realistic values. DomainGuru.com is also ok. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom