Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Students in domain business

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it seems that there are handful number of students in domain business. I have met few in other forums as well and here I can see many -at least those I am in touch with.
Is this business an alternative to part time job?
Pour your ideas . what do you guys think over it?
By the way I am a student of engineering.
Hope the list continues.

Domain Days 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Studying economics for some more years before i becomme a full time domainer.
:)

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
spietreser said:
You can do this as a part-time job, but it tends to get very very time-consuming.
I absolutely agree with you. Anyway, now study is a part time job for student.

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm also a Grad student in Cambridge MA (studying Government). I will be headed to law school next fall.

If you would, give us a little bit more details? What's your college/university? Anyone else going to school in Cambridge or Boston Ma?

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im in computer engineering and do web development as a part time. Besides from the good money, it is also good experience in the field.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm a Commerce student...been domaining since well before I started university and I wouldn't have it any other way.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Second year Civil Engineering student at Exeter, UK. Domaining is a great way to make money, and I find it easy to understand and hope to master it some day. I am mainly here to have a very healthy bank balance when University ends, and then consider whether I will continue or not.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Medicine student here, 1st faculty of medicine, Prague.
Domaining is one of my hobbies and a nice source of secondary income. I hope it becomes my main source of income in the near future.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

instead of doing part time jobs, it seems some students have been clever enough to work with domains. i'm also a student major in international relations, economics and political science.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Industrial Engineering student here. The money is... great. My roommate makes like $18 an hour at a real summer job and I just sit here at my comp and make way more and enjoy it.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hs student, have a summer job, and work now and then with my dad at marinas. Otherwise domaining is my thing. I plan to go to college for computer science and marketing cause im done with outsourcing

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it seems some of us here have really great hopes and plans for our domain futures. long live domaining business!!

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but investment must have been difficult for students. It must have been a trouble to buy generic names. But nice to see that students are one of the players in domain industry

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^ Interestingly enough all the money I have and use for domains is profits from the industry.

Started out with designing logos and templates, eventually moved onto building and selling entire websites. And here I am today.

It is such a steady income that I have never lost money on a website, and everything I have now is from web development!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom