Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Students in domain business

Status
Not open for further replies.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
from pacificepoch.com:

--------------------
Domain Name Speculation Bankrupts Chengdu Student
Internet, Shi Kaisheng
Posted by: Xin Xu on May 08 | 18:05
Editorial Summary

A Chengdu college student named Shi Kaisheng spent all of his tuition money and savings on an unsuccessful investment in domain name registration, Chengdu Wanbao reports. Shi had registered more than 30 domain names since the second half of 2005, including stonesea.com, dayunhui.cn and libaiqing.cn. Every registration cost Shi a 60 Yuan registration fee and a 1,800 Yuan trademark registration fee per year. However, Shi has so far failed to sell any of his domain names. Shi said that he has no money for college tuition and may be denied a graduation certificate for defaulting on his tuition fees.
--------------------

Domain Days 2024

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happens all the time. No biggie. You lose alot of money and then you learn " that was stupid" the fact that it was his tuition money just makes it more stupid.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
March2005 said:
from pacificepoch.com:

--------------------
Internet, Shi Kaisheng
Editorial Summary

A Chengdu college student named Shi Kaisheng spent all of his tuition money and savings on an unsuccessful investment in domain name registration, Chengdu Wanbao reports. Shi had registered more than 30 domain names since the second half of 2005, including stonesea.com, dayunhui.cn and libaiqing.cn. Every registration cost Shi a 60 Yuan registration fee and a 1,800 Yuan trademark registration fee per year. However, Shi has so far failed to sell any of his domain names. Shi said that he has no money for college tuition and may be denied a graduation certificate for defaulting on his tuition fees.
--------------------

That's why he failed, 60 crappy names and he trademarked all of them – what a waste of time and money.

- Rob

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never had a "job" ($7 an hour at mcdonalds).. so I don't know what to call this; though it is the only way in which I make money.

But I like to think of it as a hobby

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is really bad.
Actually, you must prepare to lost some money in the first investment.
Seldom people can succeed when he is a newbie.

March2005 said:
from pacificepoch.com:

--------------------
Internet, Shi Kaisheng
Editorial Summary

--------------------

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
March2005 said:
from pacificepoch.com:

--------------------
Internet, Shi Kaisheng
Editorial Summary

--------------------

That's just plain stupidity. I do not feel sorry for people who much such idiotic choices.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
March2005 said:
from pacificepoch.com:

--------------------
Internet, Shi Kaisheng
Editorial Summary

--------------------

yes, agree this is one of those rare cases that ever happen. newbies really need to draw a lesson out of this particular one!:biggrin1:

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ouch, never invest more than you can afford to lose :wink:

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pim(P) said:
Ouch, never invest more than you can afford to lose :wink:

yepp, the golden rule of gambling;)

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
one should not do these things before getting fully known to the industry

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
prose said:
If my family had money when I was in high school I would have invested in the mid-90's. :( That would have been a better time than 2001 when I finally got a real job.

i think those who invested in mid-90's are great domain business man.. earning a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom