Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sudden eNom pricing change

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a retail $6.95 eNom account off eBay a few months back, which I used periodically when I don't feel like refilling my reseller account. Today, when I went to use it, my pricing had changed from $6.95 to $29.95. %+|

How do I find out who my "upstream" reseller is? Email notices I receive come from Sipence.com ([email protected]). Isn't Sipence just another name for eNom? Who should I contact to figure out why my pricing changed?

Any thoughts or suggestions? :huh:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
I bought a retail $6.95 eNom account off eBay a few months back, which I used periodically when I don't feel like refilling my reseller account. Today, when I went to use it, my pricing had changed from $6.95 to $29.95. %+|

How do I find out who my "upstream" reseller is? Email notices I receive come from Sipence.com ([email protected]). Isn't Sipence just another name for eNom? Who should I contact to figure out why my pricing changed?

Any thoughts or suggestions? :huh:

You were a victim of a smooth eBay scammer that was selling Sipence accounts as Enom reseller accounts. Sipence is functioning separate from Enom and use their own pricing, much like NameCheap & RegisterFly.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sipence's contact information is identical to eNom's (see http://www.sipence.com/aboutus.asp and http://www.enom.com/aboutus.asp, respectively), so I have little doubt they are the same company, versus NameCheap and RegisterFly, who are just glorified resellers.

gariben's assessment seems to make sense -- other than the fact that I did not buy a reseller account -- it was a retail account all along with $6.95 pricing.

The questions on my mind are -- how did my reseller set my retail pricing to $6.95? Why did Sipence bump my account pricing down? Was my account illegal, or just my reseller? If my pricing was legit, but my reseller was not, I should be able to go to Sipence and restore my pricing, should I not? Or does the act of buying an account via eBay constitute violation of Sipence AUP? :huh: :huh:

Thanks for the feedback, folks. :approve:

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I so rarely used my Sipence account (since I have a $6.95 eNom reseller account) that I didn't realize this price hike took place almost four months ago. Guess I got scammed by the eBay seller. No big loss, though, only paid $10 for the account, and I guess I saved $6 by purchasing a couple dozen domains with my credit card rather than funding my account, so I'm only out a few bucks.

Thanks for the link. Very enlightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom