Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sudden increase in payout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain parked with Sedo that is getting between 2 and 12 clicks per day. It's been making anywhere from .02 per click to .35. All in all about $20-$25 per month. Over the last couple days the payout per click has jumped to just over $1 avg. The domain has made as much in the last 3 days then it was bringing in for a month. I only have a few domains parked there right now and I havent seen a jump like this with my other domains. Has anyone else seen this with their domains? Im hoping the payouts stay this high.

I was going to move my domains to another service like parked.com to hopefully make more money but now Im afraid to change anything with this domain now thats its made $24 in 3 days.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe it all depends on how much the advertiser pays. In your parking page, there are more than one links. Some are .02 cents, some are $1 depending which one your visitor clicked on. I said usually new advertisers will spend more, but eventually they will lower their bid. It is probably the same regardless which program you are using.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You don't mention what category the domain is in but most likely it's a new advertiser for the xmas season. Lots of increased bids this week. Enjoy the wave!!

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think SEDO has something wrong with their daily reconciliations. If you look at your total under Domain Management, you get the month-to-date figure. But then look at the Last 32 Days and manually add up the month-to-date. You might see the actual total.

My account went up almost $250 in one day on Monday. The numbers still don't match. I reported it to SEDO because I didn't want a chargeback at the end of the month but so far I haven't received a response. My hit count, CTR and $/click haven't changed.

etphotog

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe it is higher advertiser bidding for Xmas. I've increased my bids for developed sites going into the season hoping to make extra sells. Also I've my parked domains (no keyword related to my 'day job' websites) increase the last few days.

We can only hope that people will be in the buying mood during the season and after the season. I feel this may be only way to get earnings up is to move more brick and motar customers to click customers year round.

Penguin

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Rev per click was down to .84 yesterday but still more than double the avg. for this domain. The holiday season and new customer scenario both make sense. Though im not sure that this is due to the upcoming holidays as most of the ads that display on this site are for loans/mortgages and insurance.
I'll take what I can get for however long it lasts even if it's only a few dollars a day.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
their revenue system is not working on any rational basis IMO, its different from all others and has the biggest swings...the last couple of days where ok for me in terms of CTR..and all of a sudden today its almost like someone cut my payouts in half..

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The rational is that all the SEDO bods are away for thanksgiving so are not tweaking the stats in their favour. :)

Now - that my friend, makes complete Sense :yes: :lol:

Actually, I think SEDO has something wrong with their daily reconciliations. If you look at your total under Domain Management, you get the month-to-date figure. But then look at the Last 32 Days and manually add up the month-to-date. You might see the actual total.

Spot on :yes: I have also noticed this :uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom