Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Suggestion: disclose commission structure to bidders

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Imagine that, buyer-side, each bid includes a breakdown of the commission structure and fees by Sedo:
  • offer amount
  • Sedo's cut
  • remaining proceeds for seller
Do you think people would think twice before submitting silly bids of $60 if they know you get $10 (= reg fee) in your pocket ?

Last edited:

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Rather clever.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Imagine that, seller-side, each bid includes a breakdown of the commission structure and fees by Sedo:
  • offer amount
  • Sedo's cut
  • remaining proceeds for seller
Do you think people would think twice before submitting silly bids of $60 if they know you get $10 (= reg fee) in your pocket ?

Hi

to recoup the 10% fee, i will often include such phrases in my "counter-offer" responses to bidders:

sedo will retain 10% of this amount for commission fees, hope we can agree and close this deal.

Thanks

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for this suggestion. I will pass this idea onto the appropriate department for review. If you have any ideas or suggestions in the future about how to better the marketplace, parking program or other services, send us an email at [email protected].

Have a great day!
Carolyn

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fact remains that buyers will always try it on.. I am sure each of you are all guilty of lowballing. The SEDO solution is to simply put a minimum bid amount on all your domains. This tends to get rid of those who would try it on.

People looking to sell domains for less than $100 should not be listing them on SEDO as its pretty much a waste of everyone's time. I would love to see the analytics from SEDO on sales of domains under $500 and those over.

@biggedon - a comment system is only as good as the time it takes to approve comments.. I have seen me having to delay a counter due to pending comments that have went on for 3 days. I think it is awful that despite being a SEDO member for 6 years, there is a distinct lack of trust. I personally believe that the Moderated Comment system hinders more than it helps. Momentum is lost even after an hour.

I would like SEDO to have a little more faith in its customers. Sellers want a secure environment, as do buyers.. those who would abuse the system simply get their accounts deleted. SEDO trusts and expects users to follow through on sales, yet does not trust them to comment.

Being the VICTIM of multiple SEDO non-payers, and realising that despite all the threats and t&c's SEDO does nothing to enforce the sale. While accounts are suspended, it is not for long.

I guess its about finding a balance, right now, there is an imbalance that is weighted in favour of SEDO and not the customers.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fact remains that buyers will always try it on.. I am sure each of you are all guilty of lowballing. The SEDO solution is to simply put a minimum bid amount on all your domains. This tends to get rid of those who would try it on.

People looking to sell domains for less than $100 should not be listing them on SEDO as its pretty much a waste of everyone's time. I would love to see the analytics from SEDO on sales of domains under $500 and those over.

@biggedon - a comment system is only as good as the time it takes to approve comments.. I have seen me having to delay a counter due to pending comments that have went on for 3 days. I think it is awful that despite being a SEDO member for 6 years, there is a distinct lack of trust. I personally believe that the Moderated Comment system hinders more than it helps. Momentum is lost even after an hour.

I would like SEDO to have a little more faith in its customers. Sellers want a secure environment, as do buyers.. those who would abuse the system simply get their accounts deleted. SEDO trusts and expects users to follow through on sales, yet does not trust them to comment.

Being the VICTIM of multiple SEDO non-payers, and realising that despite all the threats and t&c's SEDO does nothing to enforce the sale. While accounts are suspended, it is not for long.

I guess its about finding a balance, right now, there is an imbalance that is weighted in favour of SEDO and not the customers.

My biggest pet peeve with sedo is that they DON'T WORK on WEEKENDS

we do, we start a sale on thursday or friday and have no support til monday.....and that's if there's no observed holiday

seems like with all those commissions, they could hire some part-timers to cover the weekends

i'm available :)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEDO is a perfect example of a .COM company working in a .STATIC world. Considering that the company is located in the US and Europe, its seem entirely feasible to offer a 24hr Service. Considering that they cater for a Global Market, it is surprising that they have yet to figure out that the internet does not sleep.

SEDO have a good product, but that is only to be expected considering the money that has been thrown at it. They are good at marketing and branding, but at the end of the day it will only ever be a "GOOD PRODUCT" it will never be a "Great Product" unless they actually start employing or consulting domainers..

I would bet that a decent domainer at the helm could make SEDO a name not only known by the domain industry but one that is known by all.. SEDO are great at targeting the domainers, but really do lack at branding the corporate investors and buyers.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You want transparency?
Scheiße, that's all you get. A lot of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom