Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Suggestions for sustainable threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see that many threads get closed for common violations of the rules.
One is the lack of domain name in title.
A few years back there was a forum mod to enforce the rule but it always insisted on .com ;)
It would be good to have that kind of validation tool, even if it's not foolproof. A simple regex would catch most omissions and relieve moderators.

Other rules could be enforced programmatically like one sales thread per 24 hours or limitation of bumps etc.

Post templates: for the sales sections we could have post templates preloaded with formatting and fields to be filled in like domain name, price, registrar, payment methods etc.
Benefits: serves as a checklist for important information and makes sales threads more uniform.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really like that template idea. Would give a very nice cohesiveness to the forum.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All that is needed is a picture of boobs on the rules page and that might make people read them more often. I mean...come on, people....It's not brain science!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI: If you are an Exclusive lifetime member, there is a subforum for sales where you do not have to put the domain in the title
That is true. You should also be able to chose whether to make the thread Exclusive only or viewable by all.

But, the times I have chosen viewable by all, the total views is a very small fraction of what listing in offers has been.

Plus, I believe we are talking about check boxes that would list more parameters regarding sale length, payment info, etc. all in a check box or drop down menu type template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom