Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SuperBowl XL Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To cover tickets, parking, a hot dog, and a soda for a family of 4 in New England to watch the Patriots, it's gonna cost $400+.

Domain Days 2024

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
To cover tickets, parking, a hot dog, and a soda for a family of 4 in New England to watch the Patriots, it's gonna cost $400+.

The prices of contemporary american professional sporting events are not geared towards "average American families", but various corporate employes with perks, affluent showoffs, tourists passing through town, couples on dates and diehard male fans (usually white and legally unmarried) living from paycheck to paycheck.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
P-p-p-p-pittsburgh

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I agree it isn't easy to take a family to a game. But then again, Kraft spent $300 million of his own money to build the stadium. You can hardly blame him for trying to make his money back.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the game but our superbowl bash was better even though our Pats were not in it this year it was one of our biggest superbowl parties ever.

We had a couple of pools going and I won the first and second quarters in one of them! Only like $100 but still cool.

Stoc, the steroids would continue regardless of the $$$. In college guys on my Lax team juiced as did most if not all of my friends on the football team.
In high school half the guys I worked out with were on different steroids and some guys used to drive to a place in RI to pick them up. That was 20 years ago and they are much more available now.

Kaz

Chief Innovator @ Key Medium LLC
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the Seahawks got screwed big time...

1.) The first TD Steelers scored wan't even in. The commentators even knew that. The ref Bill Leavy must've been blind.

2.) The first TD Seahawks scored should have been counted but wasn't because they say he pushed the defender when the guy didn't even move.

3.) And a bunch of bad calls...

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Togoodhlth said:
Stoc, the steroids would continue regardless of the $$$. In college guys on my Lax team juiced as did most if not all of my friends on the football team.
In high school half the guys I worked out with were on different steroids and some guys used to drive to a place in RI to pick them up. That was 20 years ago and they are much more available now.
Yeah, you're probably right. A shame though. :worried:

(_Y_)Man

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
didnt know there were this many fans of football on here...Most "webmasters" dont even know what sports is :)

my 2 thoughts on the superbowl...I dont know how you could root for anyone but the steelers they were underdogs the whole way, they beat both of the #1 seeds and were the first team to ever do that in Nfl history.

heres a pretty sweet video made for them going to the superbowl

http://media.putfile.com/Steelers-Here-We-Go-Video92

Kaz said:
I think the Seahawks got screwed big time...

1.) The first TD Steelers scored wan't even in. The commentators even knew that. The ref Bill Leavy must've been blind.

2.) The first TD Seahawks scored should have been counted but wasn't because they say he pushed the defender when the guy didn't even move.

3.) And a bunch of bad calls...

some calls couldve went either way...but your 2.) is way off... it was an easy call, he didnt even argue.. the coach also didnt argue and the commentators knew it also.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and the commentators knew it also.

at halftime, both steve young and michael irvin BOTH said the call was BS.

I dont know how you could root for anyone but the steelers they were underdogs the whole way, they beat both of the #1 seeds and were the first team to ever do that in Nfl history.

The steelers were Favored in the actual game, and already had 4 super bowls...Seattle has nuthin.....

(_Y_)Man

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gmac17 said:
at halftime, both steve young and michael irvin BOTH said the call was BS.

The steelers were Favored in the actual game, and already had 4 super bowls...Seattle has nuthin.....

steve young and michael irvin were probably rooting for seattle also, I was talking about the actual commentators that usually arent rooting for any team and see it how it is.

Seattle also had that idiot that made that comment saying "Jerome bettis is going to be sad when he goes home with nothing", I think that got pittsburgh fired up.

pretty crazy how pittsburgh was favored being the 6th seed and all. I think that just shows how bad they wanted it, they were more hungry than seattle was. In the end I think seattle just got out coached, plain and simple. Their running game was a non factor and their defense wasnt ready for the infamous gadget play.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. Net - Pittsburgh was favored because they were playing awesome the previous few weeks and beat the best teams in the league to get there. The were a 6 seed because they lost 3 games when their QB was out, otherwise they would have been much higher. The AFC was much better than the NFC this year.

As for the commentators not weighing in on the calls, you probably forgot John Madden saying the holding call was NOT a penalty. 3 plays later both he and al michaels both said the illegal block call on Hasselback was NOT a penalty either.

it was a crappy game and when it counted things bounced pittsburgh's way and seattle couldn't make it happen.

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The final score of the game:

Officials: 21
Seattle: 10

Yes, I live in Seattle. Yes, I'm pissed. Especially after Worthlessberger said on Letterman that even he didn't think he made it in.

(_Y_)Man

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think about next season? I say Giants and Colts SUperbowl match up THE MANNING MATCH UP

GO GIANTS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom