Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Taking a Big Risk - End User agrees to pay $2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I decided to push the domain name to the end users account, and accept payment after.

This is my first big sale ($2000 US) by bank wire.

End User is a established Hosting Company.

Did I do the right thing to earn the trust of the End User?

Jinx3000

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Off course. If you client is a company that's been around for a while; they can't afford to scam someone out of $2000, and risk to get burned over it, even if it's just online. Remember: $2000 might be big bucks for you - but a hosting company that's been on the web for a while spends that on stationary. ;)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! :yo:

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep us updated, I had a similar request, but still verifying their info.

Good luck

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Use escrowdns or another service.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would never push a name to a company that I don't know (the person who I deal with). Does not matter how big the company is.
An employee may use the company email and asks you to push to his personal account and never paid. What would you do?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would never do this either...i hope you get paid.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Normal hosting company would know the rules - no push until payment made. I still stick with my rules.
I am not sure what is the reason he/she asked you to push first?

he offered to pay by escrow and i offered a free push! - they are the largest hosting company of a state, they are well supported by several big corporations - i did my research before I went ahead with this idea.

I respect your opinion Johnn and would agree 99% of the time, in this case - i decided to save money on fees and respect this person based on rank and company reputation.

If this sale works as planned, January will be my best month as a 24 hour domainer. $3000 in sales. I already sold $1000 in domains.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sometimes will push the domain to an established company if I am the one who initiated contact to start with. It would depend on price though.

If I sell a domain for $500 it is just more convenient to do it that way sometimes.

Brad

T

tekz999

I will never push any domains to anyone without confirmed legitimate payment. Period.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when payment is received, my $12.57 investment will turn into $2000 . I was very close in selling the name for less. Thanks to Phil Fisher, I took his advice on sales pitches, less then 24 hours ago and with in 24 hours sold the domain name. LOL

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had transactions in the five figures from the past from repeated clients and I never offer to push first.
"The one who can do any harm to you is the one who is your closed friends/relatives or the one that you trusted"

The fees is nothing compare to the hassle that you will get if things do not turn out the way it supposes to!

Just my opinion!

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats the fee's anyways? $60? out of $2,000 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom