Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Taking a Big Risk - End User agrees to pay $2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may go well but...

I wouldnt do it and frankly a simple agreement should make the buyer feel comfortable and if it didnt they can walk.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will redirect a domain to the buyers current website, if they have one, while I am waiting for payment...but I will never transfer a domain until full payment. It is only good, standard business practice. Your money was probably never at risk, but I feel that buyers are more motivated to get the payment done more quickly when the domain is not already in their name.

silverclick

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will redirect a domain to the buyers current website, if they have one, while I am waiting for payment...but I will never transfer a domain until full payment. It is only good, standard business practice. Your money was probably never at risk, but I feel that buyers are more motivated to get the payment done more quickly when the domain is not already in their name.

Ditto:

Why take the risk, if they want it you can wait a couple of days to go through escrow ... anything over a few hundred warrants an escrow transaction in my opinion.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditto:

Why take the risk, if they want it you can wait a couple of days to go through escrow ... anything over a few hundred warrants an escrow transaction in my opinion.

Same here. I won't accept paypal from anyone as far as domains for anything over $300 unless they are VERY well known and have a VERY good reputation. I rather pay a few dollars in escrow fee's then losing my money and possibly the domain as well. Doesn't make sense.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had transactions in the five figures from the past from repeated clients and I never offer to push first.
"The one who can do any harm to you is the one who is your closed friends/relatives or the one that you trusted"

The fees is nothing compare to the hassle that you will get if things do not turn out the way it supposes to!

Just my opinion!

Excellent opinion.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Always use Escrow...Its a proper way to do business ... Transparent, safe, and takes the risk out of it - for both parties.

No self-respecting buyer would validly object.

If they do object....alarm bells should ring.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did this once and once they received the domain they were very slow to pay. I had to harass them for a few weeks. I won't be doing it again.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I decided to push the domain name to the end users account, and accept payment after.

This is my first big sale ($2000 US) by bank wire.

End User is a established Hosting Company.

Did I do the right thing to earn the trust of the End User?

Hi

here's my viewpoint

first, you violate rule # 1....get paid first

then..if i look back...you post about selling to end-users in articles here.

so...you should KNOW what you are doing by now and not be posting these kinds of scenerios, especially for newbies to be scratching their heads, as they see the contradictions.

you don't have to get or earn the trust of an end-user.

you only have to get the amount you want, sent to your account first, before you transfer the domain.

once the end-user gets the domain, then they know that you are a professional, because you have delivered the merchandise.

everyone here who has ever sold a domain, knows to get paid first.

just as buyers here know they have to send payment first.

why even open that other door?

if that sounds harse, cold or not so tasteful...hope someone can translate it :)

would have been better if you just posted about your big sale and left those details out.

but i hope it goes well for you in the end

imo...

D

Deleted member 111831

I wouldn't even do this with Google. Just use Escrow.com that way you have a contract in case something goes wrong. I've done this with domains under $100 but I would never do it with anything of value - no reason to. If they wont use Escrow.com then they are up to no good imo.

Strange experience: I bought an LLL.com here on DNF and the seller offered to push the domain to me instantly after we agreed on price. I told him I could pay via PayPal and made my offer and he just replied asking me what my Moniker info was - very weird. Almost felt like he had to be scamming me or something but I've had the domain for 6+ months now and nobody has come asking for it - just a very trustworthy guy I guess - and probably somebody who didn't care much about x,xxx.

DRDN

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you get paid? - Its Wednesday.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never push a domain before payment is received in a private deal. Offer to forward or redirect the domain to their website in the meantime, but once they have the domain, there is no rush for them to pay, and you have no leverage. It will probably work out ok in this case, but if you make a habit of it you will get burned eventually.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents,

End User has paid me $2000 US. Just noticed it in my bank account.

I will push a domain again in the future with end users who are well established. Companies would not risk their reputation for $XXXX or any amount.

I appreciate everyone's feedback.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats HOPE.

I have done this in the past up to mid $x,xxx when dealing with well established companies and forum members.
And some forum members like pcproffenno and mmerlin did the same favor to me in the past.
The trust made things much easier. :)

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your sale AND receipt of the funds!

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just received another email, I renewed an expired domain last week. End Users offered $350 US, my asking price in my email was $500 US. Cost: $14 US.

From Jan 1 to January 15th, I had 0 sales and $0 dollars in my bank.

Total Sales this month;

$2000 US - 1 domain
$1000 US - 4 domains
$299 - 30% commission (premium listings sales by godaddy)
$350 1 domain today (pending payment)

This is by far my best sales record month, since I went full time Dec 08 as Domainer. The month is not over, I found another domain expired 2 days ago, purchased it and waiting for it to be transferred to my godaddy account. 15+ end users on my email list, will ask $500 for it. See if I can sell this baby too this month.

Thanks guys for the support.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when payment is received, my $12.57 investment will turn into $2000 . I was very close in selling the name for less. Thanks to Phil Fisher, I took his advice on sales pitches, less then 24 hours ago and with in 24 hours sold the domain name. LOL
Congrats on getting paid :D
BTW, who is "Phil Fisher" and what was his advice on sales pitches if you don't mind sharing?

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents,

End User has paid me $2000 US. Just noticed it in my bank account.

I will push a domain again in the future with end users who are well established. Companies would not risk their reputation for $XXXX or any amount.

I appreciate everyone's feedback.

well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom