Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TDNAM.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been a member of tdnam.com, a GoDaddy.com company. Now I know this is a new thing for GoDaddy and all, but thus far, what does everyone think about it? It seems to be developing quite rapidly, but I wanted to get some opinionsbefore I list some of my domains on there. Thanks.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't hurt to list your names. I was looking at it a little bit ago and it looks promising. Right now I am not sure how many people know about it but as it gets more and more popular I am sure it will do alright.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Negatives:
People are allowed to make offers under your minimum asking price.
No way to communicate between buyer and seller after agreed upon price.
"You will receive your money within 30 days.?."

Positives:
I've received alot of offers. Again, ALL were under minimum asking.
Sold one name and considering accepting another.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
seemed ok except for the minimum asking price problem, whats the point of having a minimum asking price if anyone can submit offers below it anyway.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just accepted another offer and it appears they have opened up the line of communication between buyer and seller. This was an issue on the last since it was within the 60 day grace so it couldn't be transferred over to godaddy.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have bought 3 names from them. The first 2 purchases were smooth as silk, the last purchase has been a nightmare.

It was an expired name, I was winning bidder on May 11th. On May 31st I receive an email saying the transaction would be completed June 10th if the domain was not renewed. On June 10th I received an email stating transaction complete, the domain was in my account. The domain is not in my account I've been awaiting a response since June 10th.

Copy of their confirming email on JUNE 10TH below.

YOUR TRANSACTION IS COMPLETE

Dear Valued Customer,

The following transaction is now complete:

Item Number XXXXX

xxxxx.xxx

Thank you for your purchase! We appreciate your business and hope to be of service
to you again in the future.

Note: If the domain is registered at GoDaddy.com, you may click here to manage it:
https://dcc.godaddy.com/Domains/ManageDomains.aspx?prog_id=GoDaddy&isc=xxxxxxxx

If you have any questions, Customer Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:

+ Email: mailto:[email protected]
+ Phone: (480) 505-8892
+ Online Support: http://www.tdnam.com/trpSupport.aspx?isc=xxxxxxxx

Sincerely,
The Domain Name Aftermarket Team

----------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2005 The Domain Name Aftermarket. All rights reserved.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, Zoobar, you really need to call them. Issues would then be solved in minutes. No one really e-mails them anymore as they don't really respond to them. Just my thoughts :).

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zoobar, that notice just means that the registrant didn't renew their name within the first 30-40 days (not sure the exact amount). I contacted them when I first got those because I too thought it meant that the name would be pushed into my account.

Supposedly, you still have to wait another 30 days from the day the "transaction is complete". So the total waiting time is somewhere between 60-70 days until its in your account according to GoDaddy support.

Gregoire

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sleazy said:
Zoobar, that notice just means that the registrant didn't renew their name within the first 30-40 days (not sure the exact amount). I contacted them when I first got those because I too thought it meant that the name would be pushed into my account.

Supposedly, you still have to wait another 30 days from the day the "transaction is complete". So the total waiting time is somewhere between 60-70 days until its in your account according to GoDaddy support.

I Called them and had the same answer, only BIG (if not HUGE) difference :

Registrant could renew the name in the 30 days additional time frame (!).

Guy added : "we apologize, we've had many problems with our emails"

Grégoire.

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
See, that makes no sense. Cause after 30 days the name would of been in redemption period...if they want to renew it during that time frame it should cost them big time.

I've got a few that only have like 2 more weeks before they are actually in my account, been a long process.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After 30-40 minutes on the phone to them, I was told it should be in my account by the end of the month. No committment as to when exactly, no reasonable response as to why I would get an email saying tranaction complete and the name is in my account. Totally unprofessional and suspicious service.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, they aren't trying to act suspicious. Try calling them back when their wait time is under 5 minutes. Then make sure you tell them that you've tried what they've been telling you and that you've had no luck. If all else fails, ask for a reversal of the transaction.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The redemption preriod begins 30 days AFTER the auction?!

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kase said:
Well, they aren't trying to act suspicious. Try calling them back when their wait time is under 5 minutes. Then make sure you tell them that you've tried what they've been telling you and that you've had no luck. If all else fails, ask for a reversal of the transaction.

Wait time was about 5 minutes the rest was the poor guy trying to figure out what the problem was.

Whats your affiliation with them Kase?

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No affiliation, just been a customer for years and have been through thick and thin with them. My point is, they have programmed staff to focus on selling their products rather than helping people to fix them. So, if there is a problem with TDNAM's transaction service, they won't really understand how to fix it unless they consult the engineers of it. With that said, you should ask them to forward your issue to the database technicians so they can manually complete the process for you. This has worked for me before, and hopefully, it will work for you as well.

reclad

Still Breathing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
> .... you really need to call them. Issues would then be solved in minutes.
> No one really e-mails them anymore as they don't really respond to them.

:)
Some of us are MANY time-zones and a large chunk of the 'seven-seas'
away .... mucho dinero .... do they take voip ?

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I didn't take that into consideration. Yes, you're right, it does cost money and no they don't have VOIP. That's actually one of the things I don't like about them - no toll-free support. Anyway, back to TDNAM.com - Anyone else have an experience with them worth sharing?

cleoziza

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameMogul.com said:
Negatives:
People are allowed to make offers under your minimum asking price.
No way to communicate between buyer and seller after agreed upon price.
"You will receive your money within 30 days.?."

Positives:
I've received alot of offers. Again, ALL were under minimum asking.
Sold one name and considering accepting another.

Just small comments about the negatives(correct me if I am wrong):
I also listed my names there for sale and they are offering several option:
1)buy now only options (means you put a fixed price and unless someone is agree to pay you the exact amount of asking price, you will never got or see any offer below or upper it)
2)make offer AND buy now options (the prospect choose to pay the exact amount thus will be resulting in a binding sale or he click the make offer button and give you an offer which you must counter in about 72 hours)
3)make offer only option

So, we are given a choice.

Btw, I like to know your domains which received many offers as well as the one sold before, is it listed in "features" or just normal listing..cause up till now..all of my domains posted there haven't got any offer :( they are RetailPack.com(and the.net,.org.biz,.info,.us extensions)BestRights.com(and all extensions), ourbride.com&.net,etc,etc..
Thanks in advance for info:)

Expirepro

Expired DN Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Bob Parsons did a very poor job in developing TDNAM,,It is not organized,And it is not a competetor with Pool.com and other due to the confusion of buyers not understanding TDNAM way of selling thier names,,A complete wash development imo..Hopefuly it will get better,But iam not counting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom