Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TDNAM.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What really bugs me about TDNAM is that you can still backorder a name via GD even if there was a TDNAM expired auction and bids were placed on that name.

Your backorder is useless as the TDNAM bidder gets priority. My ? to them is why make the backorder avail. on such names, its like a total waste of a backorder attempt.

I am in contact with GD/TDNAM via email now...

Their recent reply to my ? :

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

If a domain is backordered and that domain has bids on The Domain Name Aftermarket, the customer who placed the bid on the domain will have the advantage on obtaining the domain.

Please also note that if a backorder is placed on a domain that goes into an expired domain auction and has no bids, the customer that placed the backorder will be notified of this and we will place a $10 bid on the domain on their behalf. If they win the auction, the backorder will cover the cost of the bid and the renewal fee.

If a customer placed a backorder on a domain that is already listed as an expired domain auction and the auction has no bids, they will be notified of this. If they are interested in bidding on the domain, their backorder will cover the renewal fee.

Regards,

-----------------------

So, the way I look at it is you have no chance at getting a name which has a bid via TDNAM yet they will still take your $ on a useless BO... I just replied to them via email.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tippy said:
What really bugs me about TDNAM is that you can still backorder a name via GD even if there was a TDNAM expired auction and bids were placed on that name.

Your backorder is useless as the TDNAM bidder gets priority. My ? to them is why make the backorder avail. on such names, its like a total waste of a backorder attempt.

I am in contact with GD/TDNAM via email now...

Their recent reply to my ? :

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

If a domain is backordered and that domain has bids on The Domain Name Aftermarket, the customer who placed the bid on the domain will have the advantage on obtaining the domain.

Please also note that if a backorder is placed on a domain that goes into an expired domain auction and has no bids, the customer that placed the backorder will be notified of this and we will place a $10 bid on the domain on their behalf. If they win the auction, the backorder will cover the cost of the bid and the renewal fee.

If a customer placed a backorder on a domain that is already listed as an expired domain auction and the auction has no bids, they will be notified of this. If they are interested in bidding on the domain, their backorder will cover the renewal fee.

Regards,

-----------------------

So, the way I look at it is you have no chance at getting a name which has a bid via TDNAM yet they will still take your $ on a useless BO... I just replied to them via email.

Hey Mike Thanks for the info. What gets me with these GoDaddy guys is that first they don't answer your main question about the backorders being a waste of money on names already bid on thru TDNAM.

Then they go on with their own agenda about placing a bid for you on any auctions currently showing no bids. Is that little tidbit in their TOS? Why would you want your backorder to now show up as a starting bid on the name and draw attention from competitors? Of course it benefits GoDaddy, but what makes them think it's 'OK" to do that kindof stuff without asking the domainer who placed the backorder?
Doc

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I will keep at them till I get a straight answer, they did kinda side step my ? with a bunch of mumbo jumbo, the bidding on the backorder holders behalf was news to me as well.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good question ... On another note, I am still waiting for them to "relist" a domain I had that was supposed to have been "sold" through Tdnam auctions. I have paid for the works, home page featured and all that for a name that a shill buyer bought through buy it now. It was a $2200 transaction, so anything over $500 goes through Escrow.com as "annonymous" for the buyer. Tdnam does not follow through with these transactions and assumes it is out of there hands once it goes to Escrow. Nonetheless, 40 days later ... no money, and no relisting as of yet. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! If i remember correctly, the listing fees were about $40 for the works.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You had better watch TDNAM like a hawk. I just discovered that 14 domains I had paid for were renewed by the original registrant over 3 weeks ago. They never told me and never sent a refund. If you don't track every penny you sent them you are liable to lose a fair amount of money.

They continue to auction off domains absurdly prematurely. They say there is a "slight" chance the owner will renew. In fact, after winning dozens of auctions I have found that 50% of them are renewed, wasting your time and money (as they have it held up for their own benefit for weeks in the interim). I've had enough of TDNAM. The whole thing is a major abortion.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
You had better watch TDNAM like a hawk. I just discovered that 14 domains I had paid for were renewed by the original registrant over 3 weeks ago. They never told me and never sent a refund. If you don't track every penny you sent them you are liable to lose a fair amount of money.

How do you know if the previous owner renewed the name, because when you win the auction, you pay for another year, which removes it from expired status, right?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brn2h8 said:
How do you know if the previous owner renewed the name, because when you win the auction, you pay for another year, which removes it from expired status, right?

Wrong. When their auctions end, the domain is still in grace period and the expiration date remains the same. The owner has a couple of weeks or more to renew at the standard renewal price. It then goes into RGP. The original owner can still renew for another month (though in that status the cost jumps to $80). In the case of the 14 domains I mentioned, the original owner renewed just before they went into grace period (about 12 days afer the auctions concluded). He now has them parked at Afternic. He is perfectly within his rights doing everything he did. My quibble is with GoDaddy wasting everyone's time and money auctioning domains so early that will be renewed about 50% of the time (based on my experience with dozens of domains there)...and of course, frequently not refunding money when the original registrant renews unless you catch it and hound them for what they owe you.

One way to know you will get the domain is to look for BATCHSCR on the WhoIs record. On those the grace period has ended - and have had the extra year added and are being held by Godaddy for transfer to your account (though the original registrant still appears on the WhoIs record).

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke,

I just won golfingforkids.com on tdnam, and the domain status changed from expired to registrar-lock. I assumed this occured because I was charged an annual fee to renew the name. Does it look like the previous owner renewed the name?

http://whois.sc/golfingforkids.com

The landing page still indicates that the name is expired...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brn2h8 said:
Duke,

I just won golfingforkids.com on tdnam, and the domain status changed from expired to registrar-lock. I assumed this occured because I was charged an annual fee to renew the name. Does it look like the previous owner renewed the name?

http://whois.sc/golfingforkids.com

The landing page still indicates that the name is expired...

The previous owner hasn't renewed the domain yet - but they certainly could. It expired June 29, so they still have close to 2 weeks to renew it at the standard reg fee (and about half the time I have found people will renew in those closing days before the name goes to RGP). I don't know if the lock has anything at all to do withyou being charged - but it does nothing to prevent the owner from renewing the domain.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Duke...

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm having similar problems – names were renewed, fourteen days passed, no notification, no refund.

I contacted support requesting a refund and got a template response that wasn't especially helpful, I replied and have yet to receive a refund.

TDSHAM.COM – I for one will never be using them again.

- Rob

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
The previous owner hasn't renewed the domain yet - but they certainly could. It expired June 29, so they still have close to 2 weeks to renew it at the standard reg fee (and about half the time I have found people will renew in those closing days before the name goes to RGP). I don't know if the lock has anything at all to do withyou being charged - but it does nothing to prevent the owner from renewing the domain.

it comes to mind that.....these domains in the auction, may be seen by the current owners also!

if so, then they will see these "bids" and assume the domain now has increased value.

therefore, they renew........hoping to receive an offer.

now GD gets their renewal fee and your bid money!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:
I'm having similar problems – names were renewed, fourteen days passed, no notification, no refund.

I contacted support requesting a refund and got a template response that wasn't especially helpful, I replied and have yet to receive a refund.

TDSHAM.COM – I for one will never be using them again.

- Rob

Same here Rob. They want me to provide them with credit card numbers for each of the 14 charges and said they will then look into it but won't gaurantee a refund. They apparently have no records of their own operations. So 50% of the time you win an auction there, you will have to fight with them to get back the money they took from you for domains that were never theirs to sell in the first place. Might be the single lousiest business model in the domain industry right now.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The trick is to just bid on the 67 character .ws names and you will get them all.

manueld64

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actually backorders on domains already with godaddy will be considered a bid in tdnam, whoever was the highest bidder gets the domain on day 42 after the domain expires, thus if you did a backorder, if your 18.95 was the highest, you will get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom