Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last week I got an unsolicited offer from Godaddy (TDNAM) saying I got an offer for a 4 letter .org. I didn't have it for sale or listed on the auction. It was for a certain amount. I came back with a counter offer, they accepted and paid Godaddy. I transferred domain and it is no longer in my account. Here is my issue...

The transfer email was from Dark Blue Sea at Godaddy dot com. I have emailed TDNAM a couple of times asking when I was going to get paid and this is what I get back.

Due to its complex nature, your issue has been relayed to our Advanced Technical Support Team. Our most skilled technicians will be working to resolve your issue quickly and completely. You will be notified promptly upon resolution.

This is your Incident ID: 4940630

Thanks,
GoDaddy.com, Inc.

How is this a complex, technical question? Plus this is the second same response in a week.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>> Due to its complex nature, your issue has been relayed to our Advanced Technical Support Team.

Sounds like an automated/canned reply to me. And I don't the the answer is complex, it's just that the person/section receiving the initial e-mail doesn't know what the answer is and needs to send it to the section that does.

I believe they pay you after 30 days or something like that, unless the time scale has changed.

Why so long? May be scared of charge backs? Seems too long to me though. I'm used to getting money from escrow accounts within 1 to 7 days of the domain transfer completing.

>> Due to its complex nature, your issue has been relayed to our Advanced Technical Support Team.

Sounds like an automated/canned reply to me. And I don't think the issue is complex, it's just that the person/section receiving the initial e-mail doesn't know what the answer is and needs to send it to the section that does.

I believe they pay you after 30 days or something like that, unless the time scale has changed.

Why so long? May be scared of charge backs? Seems too long to me though. I'm used to getting money from escrow accounts within 1 to 7 days of the domain transfer completing.

Help! Where's the edit button gone!?!

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apparently you can't edit in this section. No worries. This is being taken care of I am told. I don't read the small print very well. Please close thread.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go the the godaddy forum here and send a pm the the godaddy rep...That is unless you have a godaddy account rep for your portfolio....and in that case I would e-mail or call my account rep.

Well either way...you should get an account rep...they can solve many problems....

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mr.Fox :yo:

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pick up the phone and call them. Voice support and tech support are TWO different things at godaddy.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They only pay once per month, I believe. They are not fast. 'GoDaddy Bob' Parsons likes to earn some interest on your money in the mean time. (He L-O-V-E-S your money and wants as much it it as he can possibly grab!)

Take a look at the terms to be sure but I remember this coming up for a similar situation when I sold a name this way. Ironically, NetSol may be one of the best here. They pay right away and the buyer pays the commission.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TDNAM technical support is lacking. Write them and ask them what TDNAM means and you will get an email stating:

Due to its complex nature, your issue has been relayed to our Advanced Technical Support Team. Our most skilled technicians will be working to resolve your issue quickly and completely. You will be notified promptly upon resolution.

I can't tell you how many times I got that email. I told them to give me access to the database and I'll fix it myself.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to call godaddy. Their email service is world class sucky but phone service is great.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Sounds like an automated/canned reply to me. And I don't the the answer is complex, it's just that the person/section receiving the initial e-mail doesn't know what the answer is and needs to send it to the section that does.

Sounds like an automated/canned reply to me. And I don't think the issue is complex, it's just that the person/section receiving the initial e-mail doesn't know what the answer is and needs to send it to the section that does.

Help! Where's the edit button gone!?!

Well, to Godaddy's credit, it seems they, in some fashion, respond to customer input. Perhaps that fact that Godaddy employees (including VPs like Adam Dicker) can no longer bid at TDNAM auctions, then their time which might normally have been spent bidding at those auctions could probably be directed to expedite your issue, giving you the customer service you deserve.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All has been taken care of. Thanks for all of your comments. Mods; please close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom