Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Telephone Phisher Masquerading As GoDaddy Representative

Status
Not open for further replies.

shf0765

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All,

Received a telephone call today from 774-436-9900 (New Bedford, MA telephone number) from an individual portraying himself as a GoDaddy representative. After telling him I only provide my four-digit PIN when initiating telephone calls to GoDaddy, he stated I should call back. Soon after calling GoDaddy, I confirmed, what I initially suspected, that this individual was masquerading as a representative with an apparent motive to attain my PIN.

So be careful if you receive telephone calls, particularly from the telephone number above, regarding your GoDaddy accounts.

Have a nice afternoon.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had some domains taken from my account by someone on 'Black Friday' last year. I did get them back and Go Daddy did a good job. That said, you should be aware of Go Daddy's new service policy posted yesterday (4/20/09) that holds YOU responsible not only from your losses by unauthorized access but also makes YOU responsible for paying Go Daddy for damages too!

Here is the section coving that (from Go Daddy's new service policy):

4. ACCOUNT SECURITY.

You agree You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your customer number/login, password, credit card number, and shopper PIN (collectively, the "Account Access Information"). You agree You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your account. You agree to notify Go Daddy immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account or any other breach of security. You agree Go Daddy will not be liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of someone else using Your Account Access Information, either with or without Your knowledge. You further agree You could be held liable for losses incurred by Go Daddy or another party due to someone else using Your Account Access Information. For security purposes, You will be required to change Your password and shopper PIN every six (6) months, for every Go Daddy account, subject to Go Daddy's password and PIN guidelines. You should keep Account Access Information in a secure location and take precautions to prevent others from gaining access to Your Account Access Information. You agree that You will be responsible for all activity in Your account, whether initiated by You, or by others on Your behalf, or by any other means. Go Daddy specifically disclaims liability for any activity in Your account, whether authorized by You or not.

The rest reads pretty much that Go Daddy is liable for nothing and you are liable for everthing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom