Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Tell me what you think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please review my new site, tell me what you think of the design. Once I am sure I am keeping this design I will add more cars and stuff, also, please post whether most pages look the same in terms of spacing (the different cars for instance)

Thanks a lot,

http://www.ExcitingAutos.com

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. I felt like it needed something at the top, like a header. I tried to scroll up thinking there was something there (maybe move that footer to the top).
2. Increase the cell padding in the 3 text boxes on the right so the text does not touch the cell walls.
3. I don't like the font and color of the logo text. It's not "exciting", it looks like a car dealership logo.

Other than than that, it's cool.

:-D

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alright, all good suggestions...

I will look at the banner...I will probably get a new font for it and colour, I thought it would be a neat touch to have it on the bottom because everyone puts it on the top.

thanks for the suggestions!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't like the red text on the nav bar - looks too feint.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Don't like the red text on the nav bar - looks too feint.

i was gonna say that too. Needs to be a clor close to white, like a very light blue.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, lighter red would be good.

Also, I like the new font. The hand written look goes well with the site ... but there is a little too much glow ... bring the glow down by a certain % and it will be cool!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Banner looks good, maybe could be improved with a little Flash or Swish on the text to give an impression of speed/movement but that's just an option.
The red text has gotta go - sorry! If not I think it's going to be a lot of trial and error to get the right contrast, it isn't going to be just a question of lighter/darker IMO, the combination of red/black seems good but it has to be exactly right to work.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks again for comments...

I changed the top around so that the lighter colour is up first, and it switches to darker at mouseover, I think it looks better...

I want some colour at the top, and my color scheme is red/dark grey/lighter grey

do you think the nav looks better now?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still think it lacks contrast - maybe increase the size of the nav bar text, or make text bold - it needs something to make it stand out - just doing a mouseover doesn't do that because you have to be there to do the mouseover.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the red text on gray just isnt working. Maybe make that table a different color altogether. red table, white text, (like dnf lol)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
argh, but then I have to redesign the whole site....alright, let me sleep on this, I did change the cell padding on the home page and it looks really good in terms of spacing now....

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
put the background color of the table in a css file, so next time, you just have to change it in one place! :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
see...I have no idea how to create a CSS file....hmmm...how should I do this?

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like the first one better. Instead of the red, just use white or yellow for the top links. And also for your logo slide your nice car to the left a bit so that you can start the text on an empty space rather then on top of the wheels.

Looking good GT, Keep up the good work !

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks, I have tried doing things with the banner, and due to the way the pic is, thats as far as I can move the picture over...

alright, so the only thing I need help with now is the navigtion, please post your suggestion and I will see what the majority of people say....

Dont you think yellow will make it so there are too many colours in the site....I would rather keep it just red/black/grey

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MUCH better. I knew it would look better at the top, and the red nav bar looks great.

I would rename "index" to "Home", as that is more familiar, but other that that, I think its pretty sweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom