Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Thank you Whois-Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silverwire

Since the other thread on the topic of the Neo-Nazi flag is closed, just wanted to publicly thank Whois-Search for his prompt and appropriate response to my direct request to remove this offensive symbol.

To those who did not think it required removal:

While it is true that it may sometimes be used as a Celtic symbol, it is clear that with a nickname "brn2h8" (born to hate) that this guy has only hateful and racist intent.

I believe in freedom of speech. Threatening the lives of innocent people does not fall under freedom of speech. That is what Neo-Nazi philosophy is tantamount to. I have a lot of tolerance, but I have no tolerance for intolerance.

EDIT: A link to more info on the symbol:
http://www.adl.org/hate_symbols/racist_celtic_cross.asp

Upvote 0
S

Silverwire

Originally posted by O.C.
Agreed.

However, I don't know who else you were addressing since no one thought it didn't require removal. ;)
What was sticking in my mind was WinfreeCash's post:
Differences
The internet has many flavors and colors...people should be allowed to represent themselves as they see fit.

I saw the flag on DNFaces before it was mentioned in the thread started by Namethink. I thought it looked Neo-Nazi, but I wasn't positive and I also (as gregr put it) don't think of myself as the Internet police.

However, once I saw it as a charged issue on this forum, I was compelled to take a stand. That is why we all participate in this forum, to communicate our thoughts, perspectives, and information. I couldn't just skip by it once it was a hot issue.

I am ready to let this whole thing rest, but just to respond to the Winfree's "free speech" argument (since you asked): I am a believer in free speech from the standpoint of legal rights and public policy, as long as it does not threaten other people with harm. That is called assault. Furthermore, the websites in question are privately owned, and therefore the owners have a right to set standards of conduct and decency.

O.C., the wink at the end of your post I presume was because you already responded to Winfree on this issue, though I'm not clear if you were or were not satisfied with her response.

O.C.

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Silverwire

O.C., the wink at the end of your post I presume was because you already responded to Winfree on this issue, though I'm not clear if you were or were not satisfied with her response.

I wasn't satisfied with Winfree's public posts on the issue.

Firstly, because I don't support vile hate.

Secondly, because his arguement is also flawed... free speech does not exist on private property like DnFaces or DnForum. Greg has the right to edit anything on DnForum, Andrew has the right to edit anything on DnFaces, I have the right to edit anything on any of my websites, and so on.

However, Winfree did send me a private message that I did find satisfactory. Perhaps it might be in Winfree's best interest to edit the public posts to reflect the private ones. ;)

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First I would like to state that I had no intentions of offending anyone. I am of Irish descent and am very proud of my heritage.

Although Whois-Search has every right to moderate his website as he sees fit, I am just amazed that I was not contacted about this issue by anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators