Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Art of Domain Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
.......In the last few months though, I am getting quite tired of inquirees from @hotmail.com/@yahoo.com, as I know many others are as well.

I often wonder why most offers seem to come from free email addressess, especially the $100 offers. Could it be the buyer is trying to hide their identity or their firms name?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The majority of people on here should know what their domains are worth. Aim high and negotiate downwards. There is a fine line between asking too much and possibly scaring off buyers, but that's business. If you get a good sale then great - if the potential buyer runs off then they probably weren't serious anyway. You need to find a balance.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
.......In the last few months though, I am getting quite tired of inquirees from @hotmail.com/@yahoo.com, as I know many others are as well.

Me too, I often wonder why most inquiries seem to come from a free email address?

The DNF Server seems to be acting up all day, ending up with blank pages and hanging up the system with both posts and PM's. This is the reason for my several duplicate posts and pm's.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I often wonder why most offers seem to come from free email addressess, especially the $100 offers. Could it be the buyer is trying to hide their identity or their firms name?

In my opinion, that's what we (sellers) WANT to believe; a big company hiding under a free email. However, most of the time I feel it's just people messing with me. I know a lot of top domains get high offers from free email addresses, just to have the "buyer" run away.

In the odd case though, sure, a company will want to disguise their identity, it just makes sense.

Mihe

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>A lot of the names you see on DNJournal are drops (sold through pool, enom, etc), so it's usually other bullish speculators picking them up.

Out of the last week's Pool.com drop list, NetSpot.com and AtWork.com, I think, were bargains. Even I could get them if I knew that they were auctioned off at Pool. :)

Yoshiki

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mihe said:
Out of the last week's Pool.com drop list, NetSpot.com and AtWork.com, I think, were bargains. Even I could get them if I knew that they were auctioned off at Pool. :)

So, I should be glad that you didn't know about the auction. According to
Domain Name Journal, it "was in the right place", but I'm not sure about that. :)

M

mole

Duke must be one of the most reasonably priced outfits in Planet Domain. But he is right, it will get tons harder to replace what he has got.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Duke must be one of the most reasonably priced outfits in Planet Domain. But he is right, it will get tons harder to replace what he has got.

by the same token, it will also be harder to sell if the prices are increased. and then you might b stuck with hundreds and hundreds of domains that aren't going anywhere.

I

impactadmin

Reviewing your ideas, many of you are correct. There really isnt a wrong answer.

Some domain names or specific words that do not mean much to one person(the seller) may mean alot to someone else. One mans crap can be another mans treasure.

-The buyer may specically need the name based on the company he is about to own which may be advertised through a tie with a large company.

-It may just be luck

-Research also goes along way when determining what a domain is worth.

One thing forsure is you have to instill value in the name, however not through false terms. Set your goals high and slowly come down.

Huseyin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom