Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

the best money you spent on the net... on what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:
I think you're missing a major point, $5 in 8 hours = $15 / Day = $5475 / Year! Not bad at all for a $125 investment and zero effort :)

- Rob

did he earn $5475 so far, or was it $5 bucks?

he just got it last night. if he just bought something last night and that brought him 5-10 bucks today, is that already the third best investment of someone's life??

well, i guess it depends on whose life it is.

u guys r mixing two different things. until he really earns those figures u are talking about, it is only the potentially third best investment, and nothing more.

also, since when u can get 1000 daily uniques for 100 bucks?? unless it's spyware or fake traffic.

pm me if u've got legit 1000 daily uniques on sale for 100-150 bucks.

that's all i want to say.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whatchamacallit said:
did he earn $5475 so far, or was it $5 bucks?

he just got it last night. if he just bought something last night and that brought him 5-10 bucks today, is that already the third best investment of someone's life??

well, i guess it depends on whose life it is.

u guys r mixing two different things. until he really earns those figures u are talking about, it is only the potentially third best investment, and nothing more.

also, since when u can get 1000 daily uniques for 100 bucks?? unless it's spyware or fake traffic.

pm me if u've got legit 1000 daily uniques on sale for 100-150 bucks.

that's all i want to say.

At the current rate it's only going to take him 8.3 days to recoup his investment, after that it's all profit. If you know of any other investments that offer a better ROI be sure to let me know.

- Rob

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:
At the current rate it's only going to take him 8.3 days to recoup his investment, after that it's all profit. If you know of any other investments that offer a better ROI be sure to let me know.

- Rob

if you know of any other domains that offer 1000 daily uniques for 100 odd dollars, be sure to let me know.

and as far as your question, i made a total of almost 23,000 USD profit betting in london's william hill shop that arnold schwarzenneger will be a new governor of california, and later on that george w. will be re-elected president.

it took a few hrs. until the vote tally was counted, in the case of w. it took one night.

it cost me $0 (because everything i bet with - i got back, in addition to the above profits.)

now, beat that "roi". :party:

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whatchamacallit said:
if you know of any other domains that offer 1000 daily uniques for 100 odd dollars, be sure to let me know.

and as far as your question, i made a total of almost 23,000 USD profit betting in london's william hill shop that arnold schwarzenneger will be a new governor of california, and later on that george w. will be re-elected president.

it took a few hrs. until the vote tally was counted, in the case of w. it took one night.

it cost me $0 (because everything i bet with - i got back, in addition to the above profits.)

now, beat that "roi". :party:

Ask your accountant if betting your money down the local bookie is a good investment. How does the saying go…

"You never do see a poor bookie"

Oh, btw, how much was your bet, more than $125? :party:

- Rob

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>> until he really earns those figures u are talking about, it is only the potentially
>> third best investment

I take your point that it is (only) *potentially* his third best investment.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, everyone is getting all worked out about my post...

You dont have to worry, I'll take my profits and you can keep on gambling

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
best money spent? hmmmm..

When I bought a domain at reg fee and sold it to a big clothing co for a very high amount :) 2 weeks later.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice thread!

best money spent.....

$266.95 on an Enom club drop in Oct.

Sold the domain in Jan. for $18k

Between Oct. and Jan., I made $900 in ppc revenue for that name!

Then I used half of the net receipts from that transaction to buy several other domains. (There were a few bad investments!)

Some of those domains had overture scores of "300" or more, with the .com extension!
Other investments were targeted towards .org and .us domains with OV scores

A few accomplishments......

Last months ppc check was in excess of $1k!
My domain portfolio is profitable!
I no longer HAVE to sell my domains!
I can buy domains, with the income from my portfolio!

Not trying to brag, just putting it out there ,so other's will know it is STILL possible to make money in this business

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice post biggedon. I know how you feel about not HAVING to sell your domains. It's nice being able to turn down a $xxx,xxx offer knowing you should be able to get more in the future. :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, that domain I bought for $125 made me $26 today :-D

1100 uniques :)

rajen

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great topic :)

My best buy was 3 .co.in & 1 .in domain which fetched me 5000 usd :)

Another good buy: .net domain i bought 6 days back for 750 usd & started a forum on it, More than 3000 members have already registered in these 6 days & the user base is growing by more than 500 members every day.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1998 I was buying a bunch of names in a certain theme...which didn't turn out to be worth that much (though I sold 3 together for 10k once)....in the middle of my buying spree I was looking around my apartment at all of my different "stuff"....chairs.com (taken) television.com (taken) and I got to productx.com - available. I bought it and didn't do a thing with it for 4 years. Has about 20,000 overture searches per month (w/o extension) and a $1 top bid.

Anyway, long story short that I developed that domain and it makes me $2,000-$5,000 per month now with basic content. Without a site behind it I'd probably make $750 per month via sedo etc.

I had no clue at the time that the $35 I spent one night would turn into that kind of money.....of course, I'm also kicking myself for not buying 100 other ones!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best ($) investments continue to be the money spent making (business) relationships.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom