Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The end of OVT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be a blocked IP as I just got started with a new ISP a week ago and barely search OVT at all (no bulk scans or software). It wasn't working for me at all last night...now it works for me every now and then, but very slowly...ugh.

Domain Days 2024

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Superior technologies will emerge that will supplant Overture.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had to take down my bulk ovt site because for some reason it was timing out but continuing to try to reach the server. I didn't realize it, and if left alone to do a search, it was just generating a HUGE error page.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea for the past few days i aint able to get any ovt ...i use google trends for now but it dosnt show any numerical data ?? or am i blind? :D

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been running bulk ovt with DRT for 10,000 names the last 24 hours using anonymous proxies and it works fine.... approx 4,000 names/day

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't access ovtd.com anymore. I received this message when I tried to scan for overture:

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

but i didn't have any account with them, what is this all about?

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't access ovtd.com anymore. I received this message when I tried to scan for overture:

but i didn't have any account with them, what is this all about?

Their hosting account has been suspended, not your account at their site

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been running bulk ovt with DRT for 10,000 names the last 24 hours using anonymous proxies and it works fine.... approx 4,000 names/day

Those bulk checks are ruining it for the many of us who do it by hand still.

Yahoo.com / Overture needs to impliment a security key code to keep the service going right. Just like they do with the bids tool. I really dislike those security features but it's better than not getting to use the service at all.

Jack

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well isn't that a shame. One things for sure, Yahoo's bandwidth usage is going to drop significantly on that end. (Although I'm sure Yahoo never cares about bandwidth)

At least we still have wordtracker. But like the article said, this leaves a window of opportunity for someone to step up and make a traffic estimating tool based on searched.

Malaysia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think its only certain times it might be down.. just give it a try few times it shud be fine..dats wat i did .. its like error then its fine then error again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom