Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The Great PPC/CTR decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
With reference to Sedo? Because I can assure you, I get paid for every click at Parked.

gawnd

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i believe that if the same visitor clicks on the same ad twice the second click doesn't count, but at parked you get credited for each click per unique ad - if that makes sense.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
makes sense gawnd.

After reading this thread and a few others i did notice a group of my domains are inundated with ads from arbitrage sites. avg ppc on some are as low as a penny up to 3 cents. I checked on the sites advertising on my parked domains and low and behold they are sedo parked pages, mfa sites and other splash pages.

I'm sampling keywords now to rid myself of these butt heads.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember some rep for a parking service (parked ?) who said excess clicks (more than 2) were discarded and not accounted for. No-one gets paid, it's free for the advertiser.

Absolutely not true I get one unique and six clicks on parked all the time every week, same with Fabulous so that is an untruth.

SEDOCOUK where is your answer to the question about multiple clicks on a domain ?

S

SedoCoUk

Hello everyone,

I’d like to address some of the recent posts here regarding declining earnings and the multiple clicks issue.

Like any other parking company, Sedo cannot disclose how often clicks are calculated per domain from a particular IP address during a particular time frame. As a market leader, it is key for Sedo to allow only traffic that coheres with our Terms and Conditions. Sedo’s Traffic Quality management team is responsible for ensuring this. Therefore, we are unable to disclose exactly how and when clicks are counted during the day as it would enable fraud. More important to you is certainly the earnings per domain. Sedo’s system relates to the data of our online advertising provider.

With regards to the dropping earnings issue that Acroplex has brought up, I would recommend changing your keyword every couple of weeks. To expect your earnings and click through rate to stay consistent week to week without any edits to your parking keywords and page optimizations would be naive. In addition, click through rate is something that is completely outside of Sedo’s control. It’s up to the customer to make sure they’ve selected relevant keywords, photos and templates for their parked pages so parties navigating to your parked pages will be encouraged to click through on the ads.

Of course, if you’re a Sedo Pro client, your parking manager is always available to assist you in determining the best keywords and optimizations for your domains. Keeping an open line of communication with them at all times is beneficial both for you and Sedo if you’re hoping to make the most out of your domain parking portfolio.

Thanks,
Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thank you for the cookie-cutter response, and for calling me naive. In fact, I am indeed naive to believe that Sedo will change or improve after 4 years of displaying the same inability to deliver a service consistently. My observations are factual, whereas you respond with PR fluff as if this is a forum for part-time working mothers.

Changing keywords every couple of weeks would be just fine, if only you automated the process of keyword handling; with hundreds if not thousands of domains in one's portfolio, it'd take a full crew to implement something that is in fact, your task. Take lessons from Parked.com's intelligent keyword interface, for Christ's sake. If I submit a keyword change on a Friday with Sedo, it won't change until Monday afternoon.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not true I get one unique and six clicks on parked all the time every week, same with Fabulous so that is an untruth.
OK I was quoting from memory and it's not parked but bodis:
Our ad providers are also complaining about multiple clicks. It does look like we may have to make it 1-2 clicks per unique visitor the most we can report. So once again, these 1000% ctr stats are real, but will not last for long. Unfortunately - we will have to follow the steps of other parking programs. We have to keep our ad providers happy in order to roll out better things in the near future.
http://www.namepros.com/318378-new-revolution-domain-parking-here-bodis-31.html

Everybody needs to understand:

We are not keeping the revenue from the other clicks. Multiple clicks are no longer counted by our ad providers. If we continue allowing multiple clicks - we will not exist after August.

And these are direct words from our ad providers.
http://www.namepros.com/318378-new-revolution-domain-parking-here-bodis-33.html

Sedo... I am confused. Why I should I have to change keywords on a regular basis, especially when they are very generic like 'real estate' etc. I don't see anything seasonal with these types of keywords. Could you elaborate ?

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I knew a month or so in advance the PPC would crash, it was very simple:
Why would they have made the little contest to pay you an extra 50% income compared to september (upto 1000 euros)?
Beucase they knew already that PPC was going to tank or because they wanted to cover the extra expenses.
I swear I had this feeling immediatley.
I really don't like when ppc company do those kind of promotions.
See ND as well

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could I ask for clarification on how clicks are calculated.

Would I be right in assuming that SEDO has its own algorithms in place to calculate IP Clicks in Timeframe?

If so then does google pay SEDO for the multiple clicks that SEDO do not calculate into the users share?

For example if domain.com received 3 clicks from visitor 1, and SEDOs algorithm credited 1 click to the domain owner, and google credited SEDO with the 3 clicks, would SEDO then credit the domain owner?

Hello everyone,

I’d like to address some of the recent posts here regarding declining earnings and the multiple clicks issue.

Like any other parking company, Sedo cannot disclose how often clicks are calculated per domain from a particular IP address during a particular time frame. As a market leader, it is key for Sedo to allow only traffic that coheres with our Terms and Conditions. Sedo’s Traffic Quality management team is responsible for ensuring this. Therefore, we are unable to disclose exactly how and when clicks are counted during the day as it would enable fraud. More important to you is certainly the earnings per domain. Sedo’s system relates to the data of our online advertising provider.

With regards to the dropping earnings issue that Acroplex has brought up, I would recommend changing your keyword every couple of weeks. To expect your earnings and click through rate to stay consistent week to week without any edits to your parking keywords and page optimizations would be naive. In addition, click through rate is something that is completely outside of Sedo’s control. It’s up to the customer to make sure they’ve selected relevant keywords, photos and templates for their parked pages so parties navigating to your parked pages will be encouraged to click through on the ads.

Of course, if you’re a Sedo Pro client, your parking manager is always available to assist you in determining the best keywords and optimizations for your domains. Keeping an open line of communication with them at all times is beneficial both for you and Sedo if you’re hoping to make the most out of your domain parking portfolio.

Thanks,
Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
EU confirms in-depth Google/DoubleClick probe

BRUSSELS, Nov 13 (Reuters) - The European Commission confirmed on Tuesday it was opening a four-month, in-depth review of Google's (GOOG.O: Quote, Profile, Research) plans to buy rival DoubleClick for $3.1 billion.
"The Commission's initial market investigation indicated that the proposed merger would raise competition concerns in the markets for intermediation and ad serving in online advertising," the European Union's top competition regulator said in a statement, confirming a Reuters report.
The Commission has 90 working days, until April 2, to take a final decision on whether the proposed transaction would significantly impede effective competition.

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKL1316686320071113?rpc=44

discovernow

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why are people even wasting there time with Sedo?

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was discussed before, sedo pays only the first click, now does google pay only the first click as well to sedo?
I highly doubt it...

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEDOCOUK your response is a complete template response you only pay for 1 click there is no secret methodology and other superior parking companies like PARKED and Fabulous pay for more than one click. And they do discuss how Mike Fabulous and DONNY have many times on this and other forums so you are completely off.

And like SDS asked why would someone have to change a keyword like loan or realestate? They are generic there is no better keyword to change it to on some weekly basis. I think it is YOU who is Naive if you think we believe anything sedo has to say.

Nacho

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex, what is it about Sedo that keeps you parking your domains with them?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Acroplex, what is it about Sedo that keeps you parking your domains with them?

There are many pros and cons with each PPC company and not all domains perform well at all PPC companies. Sedo has a great domain marketplace.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Sedo pays only the first click. Period. I don't need this bullshit to understand it.

What the **** are you mumbling about?
This is not how parking works. If you have the correct keyword you don't go about changing every 2 weeks. Do you change your meta tags at sedo.com every 2 weeks? Maybe you should try and replace "domain names" with "hungry pigs" this week. Maybe you will get more visitors.
Maybe you want to change 10000 keywords every couple of weeks?

Thanks,
Monica

I am still waiting for my account manager to optimize my domains.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lowest day in months today. Sedo has hit another low. Great work guys !
Sedo is paying .15 cents on keywords that google charges people $20 for.
I hope I find time next weekend to move some domains over to Parked, this has become a joke.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Like any other parking company, Sedo cannot disclose how often clicks are calculated per domain from a particular IP address during a particular time frame.
Thanks,
Monica

That is a very interesting issue, as you seem to treat a whole portfolio as one entity, meaning if I have 2-3000 domains, getting daily traffic in the 10s or 100s of thousands you are only going to pay income from one visit from one IP across all. This means if the portfolio is large enough we HAVE TO move domains away because the chances of IP addresses being double across a large number of names is getting higher. I myself hit plenty of Sedo pages from other people myself mistyping something, direct navigation etc.
IP addresses are not as unique as you think, AOL, Comcast etc. are rotating and are using a bunch for many people.
I understand that you need to put in preventive measures, but I think at a point were you are getting paid for something and we are not this is getting a little odd.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It should also be noted that here in the UK most ISP use Caching Servers, whereas even though you are not using a proxy the site still gets served from the ISPs Cache. This of course means that traffic appears to originate from the ISP Caching Server IP. This is also very apparent during peak times.

I have done considerable research on this, not because of SEDO, this was done on the request of one of the companies I work for; due to some issues they have been having with BT and Tiscali..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom