Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The Hatfields vs the McCoys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My final days of domain trading have become a bit of a proving ground for both DNF and DS.

I've placed the same 5 "Domain for Sale" ads on both DNF and DS. 6 hours later the results are:

DNF: 10 Sales (yeah!)
DS: 0 Sales

You be the judge, but it appears to me that DNF is a far more effective platform for domain sales. I guess the Hatfields win ;).

The proofs in the pudding folks.

Kudos to Gregr and staff!!!

(PS... I've since discontinued my ads on DS! )
(PSS... Hope I'm not pissing on a lit fuse :) )

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd love to answer the possible reasons for the above... but I think I'll leave it alone. Enough controversy last couple days. Congrats on your sales.

Shaun

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That should stir up the hornet's nest pretty good, Name-Maker! Ah, what the heck ... I've never even been to Domainstate. LOL.
Congrats on your sales! :D
Why you gettin' out of the biz, by the way??
:cool:

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm conducting a "test" with my first auction. We'll see how my names sell, and I'll share some observations about it.

~ Nexus

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're too busy talking about me calling them cheapskates to buy domain names. Fact is we're all cheapskates. I've said that on more than one occasion here. That's why I ran through a string of one try advertisers because no one would buy they're stuff. Finally advertisers came along that make money for the members and the members eat that up. :)

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find the broker I get, the cheaper i get:D

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy
I find the broker I get, the cheaper i get:D

Amen!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by aactive I'd love to answer the possible reasons for the above... but I think I'll leave it alone. Enough controversy last couple days. Congrats on your sales. Shaun

Yes, Shaun too much BS lately :eek:

I had a similar experience when I posted about a dozen websites/names several mos ago with suggested minimum prices - only suggested - not minimum, on Domainstate but not one nibble.

Some of the threads were real active with lots of questions and posts but no offers at all or even coming close to an offer.

BTW, Shaun, I have always wondered what some of your better names are? Just curious as right now I am looking for some to make offers on, true natural type-ins of 10 or more/day in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom