Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The higher bidder retracted his bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was bidding in the last minutes on a domain and I've been outbid all the time by another bidder. After few minutes the highest bidder retracted his proxy bid and I became the highest bidder and won.

I really suspect there was something fishy. I have no problem to win that domain, but only if they will remove the bids from that bidder that outbid me all the time.

I've already emailed SEDO and PM'ed Lisa.

Did something like that happen to any of you?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
How did they retract their bid? Usually Sedo removes bids that are not valid but that should bring the entire bidding "tree" down to the first branch of the removed bidder.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your Bid Feb/17/09 06:43 PM CET 4,555 USD Winning Bid!
This offer caused the auction to get extended.

Bidder 6 Feb/17/09 06:39 PM CET 4,101 USD Bid automatically placed by Sedo.
This offer caused the auction to get extended.

Your Bid Feb/17/09 06:39 PM CET 4,001 USD This offer caused the auction to get extended.

As you can see, the difference between my bid and the previous bidder isn't 100 USD, as it would have been normally, because after my 4,555 bid there was a proxy bid of 4,655. That 4,655 bid has been retracted.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, 4,555 was MY bid, and their proxy bid was 4,655. After few minutes that bid was retracted.

S

SedoCoUk

I was bidding in the last minutes on a domain and I've been outbid all the time by another bidder. After few minutes the highest bidder retracted his proxy bid and I became the highest bidder and won.

I really suspect there was something fishy. I have no problem to win that domain, but only if they will remove the bids from that bidder that outbid me all the time.

I've already emailed SEDO and PM'ed Lisa.

Did something like that happen to any of you?

Hello exxe,

I just sent you a PM.

~ Lisa

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello exxe,

I just sent you a PM.

~ Lisa
Thank you Lisa.

I've just seen there is a page on SEDO where you can retract a BID :) I didn't know that till now.

So it seems that bidder used that page to retract his bid, in the last minutes of the auction. I really don't feel this is correct.

Also, I've received an email from SEDO right after that bid has been retracted and they told me I'm the higher bidder. And they have written in the email that a bid has been retracted.

Now I really don't know what to do. I like the domain, but on the other hand I don't like what happeened with that retracted bid in the last couple of minutes.

Another weird thing is that Lisa told me
At your request we reviewed the auction history and we do not have a record of any bids being retracted.
How cannot they see any bid has been retracted if they emailed me telling a bid has been retracted? :/

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Did this ever get resolved... I agree, it doesnt make sense to allow people to retract bids, what happened did his/her dog hit the bid button... How can anyone take sedo seriously when they allow people to bid on names and then allow them to retract them. As far as Im concerned all bids are final and if the auction winner doesnt pay he/she should be banned, this should be at our discretion not sedos.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Lisa.

I've just seen there is a page on SEDO where you can retract a BID :) I didn't know that till now.

So it seems that bidder used that page to retract his bid, in the last minutes of the auction. I really don't feel this is correct.

Also, I've received an email from SEDO right after that bid has been retracted and they told me I'm the higher bidder. And they have written in the email that a bid has been retracted.

Now I really don't know what to do. I like the domain, but on the other hand I don't like what happeened with that retracted bid in the last couple of minutes.

Another weird thing is that Lisa told me How cannot they see any bid has been retracted if they emailed me telling a bid has been retracted? :/

Retract a BID??????????????? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom