Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The new auction system is fundamentally flawed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hope the workers at DNF are not offended.
IMHO,
The new auction system is crap
What do the other members think?

Here are my reasons for thinking like this

1. Some members can ignore it altogether and create auctions in the old style of posting in a forum
e.g http://www.dnforum.com/f150/hostspeeds-com-3-a-thread-157692.html

2. Many of the auctions are not auctions at all
They have open price : Best Offer: or N/a

3. Who has ever heard of Open Price any way? It should be Opening Price or better still Staring price

4. No proxy bidding is available which disadvantages both buyer and seller let alone how time zones can prevent any bidding at all near closing

5. Sort by Cheapest Price brings a long list of open price : Best Offer: to the top

6. There is no sort by "Closing Soon" so Auctions close without being noticed

7. You can't publicize your DNForum auction anywhere here. If I have an ebay auction , I can post it in the old style external links auctions which means it goes to the top of the list for Todays' Post. Then a few days later I can bump it with news on the lastest bids. You can't do that with DNforum auctions. Weird. You can promote an ebay auction but not a dnforum auction here.

8. It is not made clear that a BIN remains even after bids

9. Sort by most popular, sorts by view,s when maybe it should sort by number of bids. A most popular auctions might not have any bids at all

8 auctions have closed with a sale and maybe 2 of those were tests
That is not very many for an active forum like DNForum

Upvote 0

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree...I know Adam and the rest of the Admins are trying to make DNF better, but I like the old system of posting names in a well-organized forum.

I highly doubt these new auctions will ever be much of a success...I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just my opinion.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe.

As with all major system changes, there come teething problems. I can assure you that the issues are being contemplated and addressed. Your post is much appreciated.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest an option to display only open auctions and filter out the closed ones. This way when I am browsing I won't see all the closed auctions. They should be in their own subforum or category.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would love to see the "offers wanted" forum go back to how it was before.

I don't visit, buy or advertise in that section anymore. If it isn't broke don't fix it :)

- Rob

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
looking at this now...

-=DCG=-

I

impactadmin

Leading Names said:

I don't visit, buy or advertise in that section anymore. If it isn't broke don't fix it :)

- Rob
we have come to a conclusion that the forum section will be returned to a forum area and we will leave the auction area as a seperate option of auctioning your domain names.

We will have the section converted to a form type forum section similar to the domains for sale section to keep it organized.

It will be implemented over the next 24-48 hours.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
impactadmin said:
we have come to a conclusion that the forum section will be returned to a forum area and we will leave the auction area as a seperate option of auctioning your domain names.

We will have the section converted to a form type forum section similar to the domains for sale section to keep it organized.

It will be implemented over the next 24-48 hours.

Excellent – pleased to hear it :)

- Rob

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:

- Rob

Although additions/improvements are necessary to keep the forum on top, I would have to agree with you.

The auction system could be implemented with a user paying a premium F$ to have their auction rotated on the main page. Kind of like Sedo does.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Although additions/improvements are necessary to keep the forum on top, I would have to agree with you.

The auction system could be implemented with a user paying a premium F$ to have their auction rotated on the main page. Kind of like Sedo does.
i like this idea, the auction system could be more of the "premium" auctioning system, for a small F$ fee, say maybe 100F$ (to keep it affordable), the members who wish to list the domain can do so.

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea... it is a crap system.

i posted a few and then tried to end one after no bids and if flagged my auction as SOLD.

i no longer even look at the auctions as they seem disconnected from the rest of the operation. possibly with the upcoming new look that will be less of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom