Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Worst Of The Worst - Answerable.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use an ultra crappy registrar called Answerable.com, because for whatever asinine reason SnapNames forwards all of my drop auction wins over there. I always have massive problems transferring domains out of this place, and now they are claiming they were recently bought out by a new company, and thus another 60 day transfer out lock was placed on all of my domains. The company swap seems totally internal, no name change, no url change, nothing has changed on the surface.

Is this even legal?

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I stopped using Snapnames a while back. You can report them to ICANN for non-compliance.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I transfer out of answerable all the time with no problems.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like answerable, they are a good directi type interaface/reseller

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried Answerable once, and it was not very good. I wont go back. But it cannot be as bad as RegisterFly.com. No registrar can be as bad as that even if you tried to be bad.

Godaddy is very good, and very stable. I use other registrars but godaddy is the most stable. I just hate it when a site is down, or nonresponsive. Enom has a nice UI but their search often just fails, its so irritating. They are better lately so I am giving them a chance. I ought to get a local software for manaing domains, just have not got around to it. Bido.com has one, it should be really good, but for some reason Bido's does not list godaddy as one of the registrars it works with.

With godaddy you can buy domains for $6.85, even small volume accounts can get that price by getting coupons online. But to me, customer service is #1, and at godaddy you can always get someone, 24 hours a day, on the phone - that is why i stay there.

Kevin

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Problem with backorders, you don't choose the registrar that will catch the name.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unAnswerable.com ?

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bottom line, I have a huge portfolio, which means I don't have time for bullsh!t. Besieging your clients with problems so they put off transferring out, is shady. I feel besieged by shady and incompetent registrars at the moment, so I'm going to come here and lash out.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with Answerable.

I lost a domain due to paypal scammer, the domain was with Answerable.com. Answerable customer support were very helpful and I got my domain back quickly.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i purchased about 45 domains from someone about 4-5 months ago and 2/3 rds of the names answerable took from me without any reasoning. I will not use them again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom