Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Thousands killed in Asia - Earthquake/Tidal Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
UK residents can donate to the relief effort at the website of the Disasters Emergency Committee at www.dec.org.uk

I have redirected some of my PPC traffic domains to that website and the international Red Cross ( http://www.ifrc.org/helpnow/donate/donate_response.asp )

I will keep the redirection there for 2 weeks and hopefully some of these surfers will have the heart to put in a small donation.

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to anyone who was affected in any way by this disaster.

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With 80,000 already reported dead in southern Asia and East Africa -- more than 45,000 in Indonesia alone -- the emergency workers reported that in some parts of Aceh, as many as one in every four citizens was dead.

The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies said the total number of dead could easily grow beyond 100,000.

It's not only thousands killed as stated (thread title) anymore...

:-(

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A fresh tsunami alert has been sounded across Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Lakshwadeep and the Andaman Nicobar Islands today.

An emergency Cabinet meeting was called in New Delhi after a warning was received from international sources on the Pacific rim.

An earthquake is possible off the coast of Australia that may lead to rising seawaters and a possible tsunami.

http://www.ndtv.com/template/templa...tal+areas&id=15982&callid=0&category=National

Kerry Jones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BANDA ACEH, Indonesia (AFP) - Up to five million people have been displaced by tsunamis that killed more than 81,000 people in Asia, the World Health Organisation said, as an international coalition took the lead in global relief efforts.

"We estimate that up to five million people have been displaced and are at risk across the region," Harsaran Pandey, spokeswoman for the WHO in South Asia, told AFP.

The global health body said between one and three million of those affected were in Indonesia, with another one million in Sri Lanka. The rest were spread between India, the Maldives and other nations.

The estimate was given five days after an earthquake of terrifying proportions sent towers of water crashing into 11 countries acoss Asia and Africa.

More than 81,000 people are confirmed dead, thousands are missing, and the toll is expected to rise sharply with disease threatening the lives of survivors.

http://www.turkishpress.com/world/news.asp?id=041230072657.ftwoe90w.xml

This is really sad too considering if the governments had a alert system in place it could of saved some lives. I also have a feeling that another earthquake might happen on January 1, 2005. I'm hoping this won't be true. :(

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Latest figures show 80,000 confirmed dead in Indonesia bringing the latest death total (30/12/2004 1pm UK time) to 120,000.
This truly is a terrible disaster, if it is in your power to donate or help please do so - my donation was made to www.dec.org.uk but there will be something similar wherever you are.

smub

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i m prayin that no body after 120,000 die ... this is terrible

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UK Premier Football Clubs to donate £1 million ($1.9 million).

smub

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thanks to UK club

but if i hear it correct they are sayin it may hit India again ... and some of the places around .. i hope it dont hit there again

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WHO estimates 5 million people now without food and water.

smub

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thats sad i wish i cud help them ... how bout we send a donation to them from DNFORUM ... every member give 100-200 DNF $ and we sell them and donate the money to them ... or every member donate dollars ..

that wud be nice

smub

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
lol .. legend thats a smart way to express ur self

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
smub said:
lol .. legend thats a smart way to express ur self

The death toll from Sunday's tsunamis jumped sharply today to over 116,000... :dead:

smub

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i hate those natural disasters ... i dont know y science can't stop these natural disasters ..

Kerry Jones

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This may sound weird, but I have been having this awful feeling another tsunami was going to hit once again. However, the day I was thinking is January 1, 2005 and with today's warning it makes me wonder if my prediction is becoming true...

smub

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
well this prediction had maded once it hits in those places that it'll hit once again .. but they dont know yet thats y they are trackin all the radars

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those of us who use msn messenger, put a rose next to your name to pay respect for the deaths, its not much in money, but shows respect. I think (f) is the code for the rose.

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tsunami death toll tops 134,000

The death toll from Sunday's tsunamis has jumped to more than 134,000 after Indonesia reported nearly 80,000 people were killed in that country alone.

135,000 now... I just posted 134K & it becomes 135K... :-(

smub

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yeah i m goin to put the flower on now

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom