Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Three letter or number domains, where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in entering the "LLL" and "NNN" market and wonder what you think would be a good place to start. I have a LLL dot ca but I don't count that.
There has been much buzz about dot us and I've seen some recent posts about "NNN" dot orgs. How far should I stray from the dot coms and the dot nets ? Would this be a good place(the non dot com and net market) to get my feet wet?
I know NNNs are far rarer than LLLs, but do LLLs have more "respect"?
What about ccTLD's ? like dot CC and dot BZ, should I even bother? :smokin:

Domain Days 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

from my experience, LLL and now NNN domains in all top level extensions are gaining and maintaining value.

only 3-4 years ago NNN.org domains were going for $15.00 each, LLL.nets were $40 > $80 and LLL.coms were $300 and up.
you could hand reg LLL and NNN us/.biz and info domains

even NNNN.com's which are selling at $200 and up now, could be had for reg fee!

check the going rates for these now, and calculate what they will be 2 years.

i would suggest buying any you could get asap, that are within your budget.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on your budget ..

As Biggedon says NNNN.com are going up quite rapidly ..

But there is still great value to be got in LLL.com ... I have bought several recenly for $2-3k ??? ( Poor quality albeit ) , but they resell easily and DO gain in value .

Its very easy to double your money on LLL.com in a very short space of time ... where you buy , where you sell etc... Hold on and make more ..

The LLLL.coms will be a slower journey ...

NNN / NNNN .coms are gaining faster due to the asian market ( seemingly )

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BobDiGiTaL said:
I'm interested in entering the "LLL" and "NNN" market and wonder what you think would be a good place to start. ....

Don't bother to advertise for them in your sig line as I do. A complete waste of space and time. In all the time (at least 1 yr) I had the sig line only had a few names ever submitted to me and they were either bad letters like Q Z X K J, or way over priced. Very poor and rare responses to the sig line.

The odd thing is sometimes I see good LLL names posted here at amazingly low prices. i.e. a few weeks ago a very good and even pronouncable LLL.org with built-in traffic and income as a bonus for only low XXX. I was late in posting sold. The next day I offered the buyer triple his money back, or high XXX (nearly XXXX) but he refused saying he will not sell at any price no matter how high I go, and rejected my 300% return within 24-hrs. God knows how much that equates to as an APR but the percentage would be astronomical.

If only the seller would have looked at my signature line he could have got a very good price vs the comparative small change he sold it for in his sales thread. Tomorrow I will be deleting my sig line as it's a waste of space.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had it in my sig line for a few days and got PM `d a lot of offers... some good , some bad ...

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggedon said:
i would suggest buying any you could get asap, that are within your budget.
anything? even .us and .info and .cc ?

dolansco said:
It depends on your budget ..
trader said:
a few weeks ago a very good and even pronouncable LLL.org with built-in traffic and income as a bonus for only low XXX.
low XXX is in my budget, especially with built-in traffic and income as a bonus.
Like someone once said,"If you aren't willing to pay the extra $50, you really don't believe in domains.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you missed it, someone in the forum wrote some really good articles on numeric domains. Check out the numerics board...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BobDiGiTaL said:
anything? even .us and .info and .cc ?

low XXX is in my budget, especially with built-in traffic and income as a bonus.
Like someone once said,"If you aren't willing to pay the extra $50, you really don't believe in domains.

I would pass on .cc unless you found some actual words and be prepared to hold them at least 3 more years.

.us and info would be good investments

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom