Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Thumbs Up for Outstanding Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I know Sedo ain't the favorite among a lot of you.

However, when they do something good, I gotta let ya know, just like when they do bad. I'll let ya know that too!

on 09/29/06 a LLL.net domain was transferred from my Enom account, without my authorization.

I had purchased the domain at sedo, last year in 2005

when i inquired about it with enom cs, they gave me the email address of the person who transferred it, however they would do nothing to help me get it back. saying call legal.

i found out that the email address belonged to the same guy who i originally bought the name from, and it seems that when it was transferred to enom, the whois info never updated, even though I'm positive that I selected the "change whois" info and "registrar lock" options when initiating the transfer.

since the whois never updated, he was able to transfer the domain from my account to his, without my knowledge.

I contacted sedo and talked with Marvin, and explained what happened and that since the email addresses were the same for the transfer and the sale, then they should be the same person.

Additionally, since it was a 'contract' sale, it would be fraud, if the seller did such a thing.

So, Marvin called the seller for me and asked him about the domain.
The seller acknowledged that he performed the transfer, and said that "he forgot he sold the domain" and agreed to push it back to Sedo's account, and subsequently back to me!

After 7 days Marvin called me back to say that the domain was now back in my account,I got the domain back yesterday! :)

I offered Marvin a reward for a token of gratitude for his outstanding customer service.

he refused!

but thanked me for the gesture

thumbs up for Sedo!

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He forgot he sold the domain MY ARSS! but glad to see you got it back and good work by sedo.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I want to say that Enom has been BULLSHITTING me for months on the same issue. Their global edit tool FAILS to update the WHOIS info (not the DNS) for anything except for COM and NET domains, at the Registries. I am certain the incident you mentioned is linked to the exact same issue. Years back, I had the same issue with Stargate. The truth is that Registrars that have grown large - Enom has almost 7 million domains - are EXTREMELY stingy with bandwidth needed to update in near real time the info, pushing out data to the Registries.

Sonny

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
He forgot he sold the domain MY ARSS! but glad to see you got it back and good work by sedo.

You are correct. In the history of the world the percentage of people who say they "forgot" when it comes to important matters are lying close to 99 percent of the time.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lesson: always check whois and ALWAYS lock your domains.

Actually, I was bulk transfering domains from a registrar so I took the whole list from the domain management tool I use and started the transfer. I then realised (when checking the status of transfers) that in the list was a domain I had sold.
I asked my registrar to cancel the transfer and contacted the buyer to cancel any transfer comes their way.

I am not saying I am a saint but shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom