Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Time for a pet peeve: budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has been annoying me for a while...in the "Wanted Domains" section, often the potential buyer will be asked, what is your budget? and he responds with "it depends on the name".

Do people not understand what the word means? Of course one is going to pay differently depending on how good the domain is, but one's budget is the LARGEST AMOUNT THEY CAN POSSIBLY PAY TO ACQUIRE AN ASSET. I understand buyers might not want to give out exact numbers (which sellers can then take advantage of), but it wastes everyone's time if you have $100 to invest and people are sending in dozens of names worth $xxxx because they don't realize your limitations.

So please, to help keep the forum professional and keep sellers sane, include a real budget (at least an appoximate one) when you post a wanted thread and don't say your budget "depends on the name" unless you have $10 million dollars ready to invest.

:greenyes:

Upvote 0

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
xnx said:
People should know whether they are dealing with serious buyers or people like big said who have no intention of buying just getting ideas. And I am not interested in any ad where the person has less than $xxx per name so it just a waste of time. People post here looking for LLL.com have $1000 what? Revenue domains I have $300 Total JOKE typical WOMBAT

Right. So what? If you see such an ad when no budget is stated then simply DON'T RESPOND TO THE AD IF IT DOES NOT MEET YOUR OWN PERSONAL CRITERIA. Oh gee that was easy. Crisis averted. It's not rocket science. You also can't fault the buyer for wanting to get the best deal possible, which in my opinion means never stating your budget up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom