Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Time for Sedo to re-invent itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My main Sedo Pro portfolio has seen the opposite trend. My average CTR declined slowly until January 2009, but the last three months have seen the CTR bounce back to decent levels. Here are my last 8 month's CTR's:

Apr 2009 - 25.55%
Mar 2009 - 26.32%
Feb 2009 - 24.01%
Jan 2009 - 16.59%
Dec 2008 - 17.74%
Nov 2008 - 23.58%
Oct 2008 - 21.06%
Sep 2008 - 20.92%
Curious to know, what ccTLD's are we talking about?

.de has been very strong. Many of my 2009 sales have ended up in the hands of domainers or businesses in Germany.

I don't mind a dip. But I also don't like seeing the trend of consistent CTR declines.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
jaxonrice, I've found that auto-optimization does not work for me. I manually optimize the keywords and the template, using the Phoenix blue/pink one for the majority of the domains and select a close match for the image. It takes a lot of work for about 1,000 domains. I have a handful of ccTLD's, the majority is com/net/org. My traffic is steady, the falling CTR along with falling PPC = falling revenue.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it amazes me anyone uses sedo for parking anymore
seriously
everyone should vote with their feet and move all names across to parked

i have a few stargglers that need dns sorting. reminds me to tidy them up and move out those last few from the worst ripoff parking co around imho

jaxonrice

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jaxonrice, I've found that auto-optimization does not work for me. .... It takes a lot of work for about 1,000 domains. I have a handful of ccTLD's, the majority is com/net/org. My traffic is steady, the falling CTR along with falling PPC = falling revenue.

Hey Acro

I totally understand - just thought you might be interested in some stats from another portfolio :).

Re optimising domains, I agree it is a total pain in the ass especially with 1000+ domain portfolios. I concentrate my time and optimisation efforts on the 20% of my portfolio that generates 80% of mt revenue - the rest get minimal attention at best.

it amazes me anyone uses sedo for parking anymore
seriously
everyone should vote with their feet and move all names across to parked

i have a few stargglers that need dns sorting. reminds me to tidy them up and move out those last few from the worst ripoff parking co around imho

Pred,

AFAIK Parked uses a Yahoo main feed which means that they do not pay for traffic from a bunch of international destinations including Russia, most of South America and Africa. If your portfolio consists of traffic from these destinations then your options are Namedrive and Sedo, and from my experience Sedo Pro is your best option by far for this kind of traffic. Your own experience/mileage may be different.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Apparently Sedo just released a handful of new templates and 300 new images. Odd timing, I must say ;)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its not just sedo, rev down for me near half at domainsponsor and parked as well.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my revenue is up 1000%+ from all of the parking companies that there is and i've tried each and everyone of them over the years...

you want more money? there is only one logical solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom