Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Time to focus on business....

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is time we all focused on selling domains and realize that this site is concerned with making you and I more profitable in the domain business.

We will no longer tolerate any bullshit regarding topics other than domains and growing your business.

If you are here to make money or just learn, then you will beneifit.

If however, you are here to whine, your activities will no longer be tolerated. I have no problem if you want to complain but there is a tactful way of doing so.

please feel free to pm me any comments you may have.

-=DCG=-

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam has a few good points,

But I think that this site thrives on the fact that we are a closely-knit community. Of course it's one in which we all can make money and act in a professional manner.

But if it were regulated to this being a 9 - 5 job, and the "water cooler" conversations were formally banned. Dnforum would lose quite a bit of its established sparkle.

I come to Dnforum for not only promoting my growing businesses, but also to meet and interact with other people of similar interests.

I found that positive networking is the key to succeeding in any business, online or otherwise.

And to keep those connections strong it is important to ask questions like:
How are the kids, oh, you just got back from where? or I'm sorry to hear your dog is sick, how is he feeling?

Life isn't just domains - though it could be pretty cool, but that would lead to a very boring existence.
Life is Life - and it encompasses everything.

What I can see is that Dnforum is moving ahead strongly, but we can't lose sight of the fact that this is a closely-knit community first and foremost.

Wonderful side effects of a strong established community, are shared resources and people willing to help when ever needed, which equals to strong business growth for everyone.

Strictly domain business is fine, but not at the expense of Dnforum's Sparkle

Good luck to everyone in all that you do :)

Just my .02

-Cjmacd

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cjmacd

I agree!

I just want the user - user bashing to stop.

not general off topic discussions.

As long as people treat people well, chat about whatever you want.

-=DCG=-

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To quote Adam's own words, we are here to make money and have fun. Regulatory actions have to be taken simply because *some* members (or ex-members) did not act responsibly nor show respect towards others at all. Apart from that, YEAH, welcome to the Lounge! :)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DCG - sorry to be that straight forward, but cant help it:

Why has the thread about CoolHosts leaving been deleted ?
As far as i can see it did not contain foul language or anyting like that.

Please clarify.

Thanks.

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod
cjmacd

I agree!

I just want the user - user bashing to stop.

not general off topic discussions.

As long as people treat people well, chat about whatever you want.

-=DCG=-

User bashing can never be tolerated.

That's why it's in the rules:)

This is a place for professionals to coincide.

An other effect of a closely-knitted community is a mutual respect between people.

To Everyone: It's fine to have separate opinions, or even off the wall Ideas that even the smartest super monkey couldn't understand. But in order to have your views respected, you must respect others and their right to have their own opinion.

It all comes back to your own personal networks.

If you treat others badly… I'm sorry, you just won't last long in this business, or in any business for that matter.

So just have and show respect for your fellow neighbor at all times. You will be surprised on how well you succeed with just a little respect.

Its a Karma issue.

Every good deed = karma++
Every bad deed = karma--

It's just smart to have positive karma floating around you.

So, respect your fellow dnforumers and they will ultimately respect you. :)

There is probably 3 cents there so you are all welcome to some change. :)

-Chris MacDonald

shortcutgramp

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I AGREE LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER TO EXPAND OUR DOMAIN BASE AND MAKE SOME MONEY THANK YOU ADAM

M

mole

Quick questions:-

1. I don't need to make money here. Money flows in through off-line means. Does that mean I'm out?

2. I'm full of opinions, always have been since day one May last year when I came to DNF. I challenge the norm. I like to sharpen my case on domain logic. I don't believe in shilling opinions so that others will make money because of this. Does that mean I'm not wanted here?

Based on your new directions, it appears I am. This model is very similar to the now defunct DK private board.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
..we are here to make money..

I have thought about that and i partially disagree.

The first and most important purpose of this forum so far has been to *exchange information*- actually i and i guess most of the other members that joined before Gregr sold the forum did so not because they or i neccesarily expected to make money *here*.

No doubt money can be made through contacts etc here, but as said before this has been a FORUM, not a marketplace.

So to claim most people come here to make money might not be the whole truth really.

I for one only come here fot the info exchange really.

M

mole

Originally posted by beatz
No doubt money can be made through contacts etc here, but as said before this has been a FORUM, not a marketplace.

Well said, beatz.

I, for one, am not a clicks-to-bricks. I came to this forum as a mole to understand what was happening inside the despair stories of my close friends and collegues who collapsed in the dotbomb hype and hysteria.

I continue to believe in the Internet as the world's greatest convergence of human knowledge and real-time interaction. And I wanted to learn the valuable lessons of failure resulting from the dotcom fallout. To distinguish hype and spin, from real world practicalities.

I met many, many members here who taught me, enlightened me, made me understand, helped me see my blind spots. And for that, I am internally greatful.

The future and financing of the Internet will be driven by the "traditional" bricks-and-mortar moving to bricks-and-clicks. Even in these tough economic times, it is clear that the Internet will continue to grow rapidly in the coming years. And the conservative brick-and-mortar companies with their financial muscle, are gearing for this in ways you can't even imagine.

I came here to learn. because learning - is priceless. I learnt through the individual talents and unique experiences of the members here, and that - is unsubstitutable.

A forum will come. It may go. It grows. It may erode. That's life. But the members here, are what makes it so special to me. Without them, without a sense of a community that cares and shares beyond the immediate "show me the money", the chapter closes.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The changes......

from free to paid membership

from one owner to another

from focusing on domain name discussion

to domain name selling

from a community to a marketplace

from driven by passion.....

to driven by revenue

members who express opposition to authority, always face the risk of quarantine.

however, they sometimes express the same feelings that others may have, but restrain from commenting.

if those members are NOT blatantly abusive in expression towards others, they should be granted a means to express their opinions within a designated forum.

opposition arouses the populace,and therefore initiates further thought.
this increases attention......
which generates comments
which generates posts....

allow for paid members to express their feelings, without the threat of banning......

you have the power to give back (paid) free speech

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod
We will no longer tolerate any bullshit regarding topics other than domains and growing your business.

Please feel l free to pm me any comments you may have.

-=DCG=-

Well, I'll post mine.

First of all, is it ok if we all swear in the public forum? Or does that only apply to certain deities. I like to swear, a lot, as it helps me mak my point very phucking clear, and that aint no bullshit.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no probl;em with this....and encourage it.

'if those members are NOT blatantly abusive in expression towards others, they should be granted a means to express their opinions within a designated forum.'

-=DCG=-

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bad move - we don't need bad language - keep the forum civil.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The timein was impeccable. I don't think DCG was giving his approval to my request. We must have been replying to the post at the same time and my submission was second ahead of his. A true classic.

I can see the headlines.

DotComGod approve cursing at DNForum

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nexcorp
I can see the headlines.

I'm writing the story now. :)

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nexcorp
The timein was impeccable. I don't think DCG was giving his approval to my request. We must have been replying to the post at the same time and my submission was second ahead of his. A true classic.

I can see the headlines.

Why do you have an ax to grind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom