Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Time to let the Cat out of the Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been with parked over 6 weeks now. none but two of my new regs have been indexed into the search engines, and amazingly, as i just discovered 1 of the names actually has a backlink, god knows how. So really that = just 1 name that got indexed, and i would likely believe there is probably some other bizarre coincidence that could probably account for it as well. (maybe this recent phptrap google error thing?)

since more than a few on this forum have been touting that their new regs of hyphenated and .net .org variety are some of their best ppc earners, i would dearly love to know how the fresh regs get indexed as parking pages.

6 weeks is plenty long to get crawled. please don't say, 'just wait and they will eventually get indexed' ... i don't buy it.

If you need to say something like "the first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club", then just say that and at least i think i will get it.

otherwise, mum is not the word, please share your methodology.

think you

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you submit the URL to Google?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, google doesn't always just find new registrations out of the blue.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol

Yeah you really cracked one of the biggest parking company conspiracy's in a long time! Maybe get yourself some real domains with type-in traffic and stop just hoping for search engine traffic to just magically appear on your crappy names and blasting the parking company when they don't...just a thought ;)

boziffous

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
otherwise, mum is not the word, please share your methodology.

Not all the domains you park with Parked are gonna get indexed by Google. Why is that? Who knows, the only people that might be able to tell you that would be Google themselves.

As far as my methodology goes I hand regged new names myself, parked them at Parked, SEO'd the title, keywords, and description, and shortly thereafter (10-14 days) sometimes they would get indexed by Google. I'm not submitting them to Google or other search engines or anything like that and most of them probably didn't have any backlinks either.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ha, yea, i knew all it would take was to light a little fire under some of your asses to get a straight answer, as i've asked this question already a couple other times without getting one.

I wasn't really blasting anyone here, just bringing a little perceived animosity to get some responses. :) .. guess i did learn something from that 8-page sasquatch thread after all.. :)

thanks acro, no i didn't do that, i think its so simple i never thought that would work .. figured google would not accept url submission from a parked page.

MG, 'get some links to get indexed'. ... ok, sounds good to me. I'm not going to kick a dead pony anymore. pardon me, this should've been a no-brainer. i guess i think too much.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MG, 'get some links to get indexed'. ... ok, sounds good to me. I'm not going to kick a dead pony anymore. pardon me, this should've been a no-brainer. i guess i think too much.

Not sure if that's an irony or not :D

What I'm implying is that you are not supposed to get any traffic from google by just parking the domain .. and submitting it google :lol: That's just not the way seo works

~MG

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
thanks acro, no i didn't do that, i think its so simple i never thought that would work

In my early years, working as a tech support technician, the first question asked while troubleshooting was "is your computer powered on?" I learned never to assume anything.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex - I did the same thing right out of college, I worked for HP who had a contract with for Dell onsite support. We were told the first thing to do no matter what is to ask when was the last time you rebooted and when was the last time you upgraded your bios. Oh the good ole days. :)

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
He's referring to the domain being indexed by Google, there is no reference to traffic. Unless you submit it, the process is slower and depends on a large number of parameters.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got close to 50 hits yesterday on my personal account from hits from Google. And they are domains that have been parked for years.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So what is the argument? OP's concern was not getting indexed by Google, due to the domain being a new registration and immediately parked. So once again: submit the URL to Google.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you see .. this is why i asked the question in the first place .. i can never get a straight answer because there is no real agreement to this. lol, its actually pretty comical.

EDIT: ok i just submitted 2 urls to google for jollies. we'll see if it works, but i have my suspicions since it says this right on the sumbit url page ...

We do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you see .. this is why i asked the question in the first place .. i can never get a straight answer because there is no real agreement to this. lol, its actually pretty comical.

Mate it's simple. You don't need to submit the URL to Google. Doing so actually doesn't do a thing. You need links to get indexed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom