Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Time to let the Cat out of the Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK. Scrap Donny's response then. He just runs a PPC company, what does he know, right?

Right.

So Google put the link to submit URLs to be spidered, for what purpose? Or are you saying that once submitted, these URLs never get crawled by Google bots? From my experience with newly registered domains, not only they do get crawled but in fact it's the best way to get started pretty quickly - as in, 48 hours or less.

Now, if you develop a domain with several dozen pages or more, link to other sites, get backlinks and/or pay for AdWords - that's more power to you. However, don't discount the simple but valuable functionality of the Google URL submission page. As an added bonus, it's free.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK. Scrap Donny's response then. He just runs a PPC company, what does he know, right?

No disrespect to Donny was intended, I just don't agree.

So Google put the link to submit URLs to be spidered, for what purpose? Or are you saying that once submitted, these URLs never get crawled by Google bots?

It's serves no real purpose to be honest. You have read this on the submit url page?

We do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear.

Google indexes new sites by crawling the web via links. You heard it right. Links. Their logic is that if you don't have any links pointing to your domain, you really aren't important enough to be included in the index.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble - I guess that's what you tell potential clients that would pay you money for your SEO services?

Google does crawl via URLs submitted to the page and it does index them. And I am speaking from personal experience.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Real SEO's have a direct line to Google's strategy group. Hit me up if you need a couple of phone numbers, it'll work wonders for your current skillset.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
And I play chess since the age of 4 but I don't fake being a master at it. I only talk about things I know well.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm 40 and that's about it. Can't keep focused on something? Search for "ADD treatment" in Google :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me put the cat back in the bag... lol

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me put the cat back in the bag... lol

LOL, ok, since i started this thread i guess that's my job.

here we go ..

First of all, I have submitted 2 urls to google today, as i said. the proof will be in the pudding, and i will let you know if and when they do get indexed.

Secondly, I would not have started this thread if I thought google would be nice enough to index a parking page, since i believe it is part of their M.O. to try to keep their S.E. 'clean' of all the faux sites and sites of poor/little to no content. but acroplex gets the benefit of the doubt for now.

Thirdly, I would also not have started this thread if my previous attempts to ask this question had not gone unanswered, therefore leading me to assume that people did not really want to talk about it. which is why the fight club reference. i was starting to think that the first rule of getting your parking page linked to is not to talk about how you get your parking page linked to ...

dchristo said:
You said you never got a straight answer, so I gave you one.

straight yes, but incomplete. I asked for methodology. How do *you* get you're parking pages linked to?

so finally,let's stop beating around the bush. The real question i want answered, which i have also asked before, to no avail, which is why i thought people must have been skirting the issue, is ...

Is it *ok* to link to your parking pages long enough to get them indexed into the search engines, and then disable the link?

that's all i really ever wanted to know, ... and the word *ok* .. seems even a little sally, doesn't it?

from never getting a *real* answer i could only assume that it was being avoided due to TOS of most parking companies not wanting you to link to your parking page. Donny, you did not even answer this question when it was brought up in another thread. perhaps i should have pm'd you?

but .. fresh new regs ... can someone just finally admit that this is what you do, so we can end the charade?

(ps. i'm so sure i'm getting flamed for this, by someone, somehow :lol: )

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I last or first in this thread?

HomerJ - If all else fails, ask your account manager. I do all of the time. I always give myself great answers. :)

Seriously, if you ever have questions like this ask your account manager, that's what they are here for.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom