Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Tinnitus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nothing to do with domains sorry. I just wondered if anybody here has ever had Tinnitus (the ringing in the ears). I am looking for a cure following a rock concert. Thanks!

Domain Days 2024

oveber

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have live with it for last three years. There is at this time nothing to do with it. Some days good and some bad.

Cheers
Ove

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost always ringing in the ears after exposure to noise is an actual sign of hearing damage. The damage can be very mild, but after many times over time the hearing loss can become profound.

Not to sound like a doctor here, but please consider protecting your ears next time. You can get discreet ear plugs that will filter out only the "bad" noise.

It might be uncool but it's far better to be uncool for 2 hours during a concernt than it is to be deaf for the last 35-50 years of your life.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why go to a rock concert wearing earplugs?

That's like taking a shower with a raincoat on...

gdurni

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not have or experience tinnitus but my father does. From what I understand your experience after one rock concert should be temporary. If you have prolonged exposure it could last forever.

Up until recently he had not found any remedy to help with the problem. He found a new type of hearing aid that is specifically tailored and calibrated per person that basically solves the problem. Not cheap though, I think 5-10k / pair. Well worth it from what I hear.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there are several causes for tinnitus:

1. Something wrong with your middle ear
2. Something wrong with your inner ear
3. Something wrong with your 8th cranial nerve (ie. brainstem)

the reason why you are getting tinnits after a rock concert is usually benign and should resolve within 24 hours spontaneously

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My stepfather has had it for 20 odd years & it (along with me LOL) has driven him to near suicide, he has it constantly though.
My mum told me the other day they have found a solution though. I believe it is something small placed in the ear for serious cases that just stops it. I will find out more & come back.
I'm sure you will be fine Creature, the Rockers don't seem to get it after 1000's of performances.
Who did you see?
cheers
Pred

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
now I have it I think..if you stop and listen it's always there!
Where's my gun!??!?! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :scared:

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost always ringing in the ears after exposure to noise is an actual sign of hearing damage. The damage can be very mild, but after many times over time the hearing loss can become profound.

Not to sound like a doctor here, but please consider protecting your ears next time. You can get discreet ear plugs that will filter out only the "bad" noise.

It might be uncool but it's far better to be uncool for 2 hours during a concernt than it is to be deaf for the last 35-50 years of your life.

Had I known that being a little deaf means extra noise, I would have worn plugs every time. Good news is that since the concert my tinnitus has faded enough to get around 6 hours sleep so luckily it's not too bad.

Any details of the possible cures in this thread would be appreciated. So far I have tried everything from masking noise to menthol crystal fumes.

I have all of the ear defenders now! Thanks very much for all of your comments. Creature.

He found a new type of hearing aid that is specifically tailored and calibrated per person that basically solves the problem. Not cheap though, I think 5-10k / pair. Well worth it from what I hear.

Do you have a link please?

My stepfather has had it for 20 odd years & it (along with me LOL) has driven him to near suicide, he has it constantly though.
My mum told me the other day they have found a solution though. I believe it is something small placed in the ear for serious cases that just stops it. I will find out more & come back.
I'm sure you will be fine Creature, the Rockers don't seem to get it after 1000's of performances.
Who did you see?
cheers
Pred

It was 'Muse'. I certainly thought about a high cliff but it has since faded enough to live with......phew! I noticed the band were wearing plugs, probably why they had to pump up the volume. Very interested to know more about the device. Creature

there are several causes for tinnitus:

1. Something wrong with your middle ear
2. Something wrong with your inner ear
3. Something wrong with your 8th cranial nerve (ie. brainstem)

the reason why you are getting tinnits after a rock concert is usually benign and should resolve within 24 hours spontaneously

I also heard stress can help set it off as well as some tablets. One woman apparently had roaring tinnitus after having acupuncture to help her quit smoking.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had read that gingko biloba might help with this in the past, and there's plenty on Google about this. There's also something on the site mentioned above by droplister: http://www.tinnitusformula.com/infocenter/articles/studies/ginkgostudies_review.aspx

Possibly the best gingko product is this: http://naturesway.com/NaturesWay/searchresults.aspx?s=ginkgold.

It's supposed to be good for other things, too; however, you do have to be careful with this one because there can be adverse effects when taken in combination with certain other things. You'd definitely want to research that before trying it.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
keep it quiet for sometime and it will go away, avoid noisy places in the future,

noise is very bad for you, the rock noise is a devil for your ears, don't use a drugs ,through peace and meditation you will find your cure..., go to the park

Imho

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
smoke a big phatty

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't know if this actually works, but I knew someone that had it constantly and they found that Valerian tea helps ( i googled it and found that it's kinda like a natural sedative )

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ordered: Ginkgo & Valerian tea above, maybe the phatty later. Noticeably much better today for some reason. Maybe it's gonna go :)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ordered: Ginkgo & Valerian tea above, maybe the phatty later. Noticeably much better today for some reason. Maybe it's gonna go :)

Hope it disappears for you soon Creature. Must be a pain.
cheers
Pred ;)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have it now for over 12 years. At first I felt like blowing my brains out. I couldn't sleep at night. It's terrible when I am in silence so I pretty much have background noise all the time now. You learn to live with it. Supposedly William Shatner had it and got it cured by some place.

http://members.fortunecity.com/nrbq1/tinnitus.html

Famous people with the same suffering.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
by now this ringing should have stopped ( after a couple of days of quiet time )

i have been in the past to quite a few concerts myself and have seen pink floyd - deep purple - scorpions - meetloaf and so on and usually the ringing goes away after a few days and all thats left is the familiar "ching - ching" ringing the all so familiar sound from making money at the ppc.

of cource if this sound ( ching - ching ) bothers you ( from making too much money) i am more than happy to take that burden off your 'ears' .

( pm for account id to push your names )

just kidding of course ( last part) - hope you'r doing better soon.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is that one day it may NOT go away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom