Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

tired of enom's antics

Status
Not open for further replies.

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So who else is tired of enom's antics and issues?
Okay they have a great interface compared to most other registrars
and their dns control (and interface) is great.

But let's see:
1. takes 2-3 days to get an external transfer in motion, no way to accelerate it (similar transfers take an hour or two from godaddy)
2. no fund transfers between accounts (for two years now?)
3. honest account owners are punished with 7 days between internal pushes because they decided "it stops fraud" (still need their logic explained to me better)
4. domain pricing is not competitive unless you cough up $6000, even then your prices are still easily beaten by registrars like godaddy with coupons that reward accounts with lots of domains
5. you can never take any sub-account with you if you move, even if buy into a $6000 ETP (well not without forcing sub-accounts into a whole new account - so not easily)

I'm sure there's another reason or two I've forgotten but I thought I'd post those while they are fresh on my mind.

Do any other registrars have the level of dns control that enom has? I don't like godaddy/wildwest's "total dns control" interface. It's messy and doesn't do all that enom's does. I think that's the only issue holding me back from dropping them.

enom, you're dying, even tucows/opensrs is about to take you over
(and their pricing sucks):
test5pw.png

frankdnsforum

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might want to check the stats on your last comment ' enom, you're dying, even tucows/opensrs is about to take you over;.

Pull up a graph of eNom vs. Tucows over the last year or so and you'll find that eNom passed Tucows in # of domains and is actually increasing their number of names faster than Tucows still.

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Remember that EV1 uses tucows and apparently they are running a decent little domain reseller program. So this might be a back and forth kinda battle between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom