Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a question, if I own a typo of a celeb name thats TM'd, but I url fwd the traffic from it to a FAN SITE of that celeb am I still TM infringing. Please answer so I can just go delete this typo I regged a while back.
Sucks too bc it gets awesome traffic.....

Thanks for the replies

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might get an answer if your question was more clearly stated. I really don't understand WTF you're trying to ask.

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might get an answer if your question was more clearly stated. I really don't understand WTF you're trying to ask.

Wow, ok Marc. Can't believe I have to dumb it down for someone who is worthy of giving legal advice. (MY response wouldnt be this way if you would have responded a bit nicer, but lets roll)

Let's break down what I wrote for Marc:
-I own a typo of a celeb name thats TM'd
-After researching, I found that a fan site is fine for a celeb, the law is how you are using the name and if you are profiting from that trademark, we all know this- including Marc, so....
-I url forwarded (when someone types in the typo name, they are forwarded to my other site, we all know this) the typo to a domain I own that is a fan site for the celeb.
-The question at hand is, where does this fall as far as legality, from what I read, it should be fine since I am not profiting from the fan site, nor any of the traffic from the typo.

I appreciate all RESPECTABLE answers, if I spoke to you in any other manner before, then you have all rights to address me the same way.
Man, peoples decency is going right out the window and into the sh*tter these days. Did my second post about teh "views and no response" really bother you that much Marc? If so, please seek some anger management, or go try namepros or something.

Thanks again
-Michael

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Screw it, I deleted it anyway from my account, not worth the headache or time.

Thanks for palying, mod, you can close this thread........

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Michael,

Honestly, it didn't bother me one bit... except for the fact that I was willing to try and throw an answer out there, and I couldn't understand your question. I was trying to offer an explanation as to why you didn't get any responses. I see that the issue is moot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom