Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news To Owners: Can we stop playing the Cat/Mouse game?

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Owners/admins:

I wanted to just chime in my 2 cents, most of us are paid members, and its really inconvenience and unreliable, you guys keep taking the forum down, and come back with apology. Who can explain another 1 week + downtime?

Whats going on with this dnf?

Domain summit 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the downtime, I kind of expected it being new owners and they told us that changes were in the works.
I didn't like that we weren't informed to expect a significant downtime and left wondering if it had gone sideways again.

I had to go to Domaingang and ask there to hear that George had said there were going to be server changes.

Guys we want this to succeed but please don't take us members for granted.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is probably better in the Suggestions for Improvements section?

I see the "DNForum.com Has New Owners!" thread has now been closed to new comments/posts?

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi , just a small note! Give us a Break! We value everyone here. We are on new servers and we should never go down no more! Unless a act of god happens.

Last edited:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got this in my email...
"Hi , just a small note! if you don"t like what we are doing please cancel your accounts!!! I will gladly remove you swiftly! Thank you! This message is approved by George Verdugo!!"

Don't think I hinted I wanted my account closed. I thought I was very constructive with my comments. wow!

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got this in my email...
"Hi , just a small note! if you don"t like what we are doing please cancel your accounts!!! I will gladly remove you swiftly! Thank you! This message is approved by George Verdugo!!"

Don't think I hinted I wanted my account closed. I thought I was very constructive with my comments. wow!

Thats a bit stretch for George to say that. Whats up with the attitude? What do you expect paid members to like, downtime ? because so far thats the only thing I have seen. Instead of coming with a reason for week long downtime, you do come back with this attitude? You are doing member favors buddy??, this forum is what it is because of people here, wont be anything without them.

You can keep my membership dues and all that, wont ask you for refund. You can close my account if you like, Georgie, but definitely don't like your reply if thats how you going to come back at members.

Kevin Faler

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got this in my email...

Just continue to be the nice guy you are... you've done nothing more than promote peace & harmony here. There were no names mentioned within the quote, however, we are just as busy as the rest of the members on this forum and we don't have time for silly rants... we are very aware of our shortcomings...we're not perfect. Excluding this posting, many are understandable rants.....but to continually complain is of little value. What is of value is to be understanding and offer positiveness, not really seeing any. Personally, I look at patterns and members who continually complain over and over about mundane things in life have little interest to me. We are working diligently to make the forum bigger and better but it cannot be done in a snap of the fingers..... Moreover, I am a firm believer in cutting out the cancer for healing purposes, if need be.

There is a code of ethics among members to be polite and courteous and to promote the well being of the forum. George and I both agree, people should be able to say whatever they believe is necessary when promoting the sale or purchase of domain names as long as it is reasonable. Anyone can complain, but not to offer a solution or remedy is of little value. In time we will reach out individually to members to get their individual input, throughput and output. But, again it takes time. If George and I were not taken away from our obligations to put out little fires such as this we could continue to fight the big fires and get the forum moving. Early on, we've had little support from our longtime members. We're not going backwards....its not going to happen. What is going to happen is we're moving forward with a new ideology & methodology to turn this forum around. Members have no clue about what George and I are doing behind the scenes...as an example we have had many meetings with investors, buyers and other professionals to bring them to our forum. So then, when our valued longtime members go on a rant....it sets us back...

Yes, at times there will probably be that knee jerk reaction here...but I would say that is only because we both are busy and the less kinks the better. If everyone knew what we have planned for the forum they'd pipe down because in the near future there will be some amazing attributes to this forum. Members come and go that is normal, we're not here to micro manage members especially longtime members but we're certainly looking to see who is going to have our backs...that's how George and I work. We want to do business with members who have our best interests. Now then, like I said from the onset, it takes time and to do it correctly....takes time. Members have the opportunity to PM either of us or they could make a public posting...seems to me members would PM us vs. complain publicly....and I question just that.... However, on a positive note we can all agree to disagree...and that is what is healthy... talk to you soon ... Kev

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone just take a deep breath, it's all good, activity will pick up in time, give it time.

This place means a lot for a lot of us, I know my whole career may have never went where it did without DNF. Because I know I am not the only one with an attachment there are emotions involved but no one go anywhere. There is business to do, lessons to learn and stories to share.

Especially you two (J and Scoop). Wouldn't be the same without ya ;)

Kevin Faler

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats a bit stretch for George to say that. Whats up with the attitude? What do you expect paid members to like, downtime ? because so far thats the only thing I have seen. Instead of coming with a reason for week long downtime, you do come back with this attitude? You are doing member favors buddy??, this forum is what it is because of people here, wont be anything without them.

You can keep my membership dues and all that, wont ask you for refund. You can close my account if you like, Georgie, but definitely don't like your reply if thats how you going to come back at members.

Look, I responded to your silly complaint already...and you keep going on and on. I was very nice and responded to you and apparently it was not good enough for you. We have many longtime members...you're no different. The only person I really see with an "attitude" here is you... And other than your rants...I see nothing where you have been understanding to any real degree. George and I are not internet techs...we have to interview techs and hire the right techs we believe who have our best interests. The back end is full of massive information...and confidentially is of the upmost importance for the security of everyone.... Some things will never be discussed on the forum as it relates to forum business...it is private and not open for public discussion. Many websites go down for various reasons and many times have nothing to do with their owners...it just happens. Do you really believe we did it on purpose? Do you really believe we would not notify each member? Do you really truly believe we would not have at least put up an landing page? Do truly believe I even have to explain anything to you? These are questions you should ask yourself... Let's move on and sell & buy domain names.... that's what its about...​

Kevin Faler

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone just take a deep breath, it's all good, activity will pick up in time, give it time.

This place means a lot for a lot of us, I know my whole career may have never went where it did without DNF. Because I know I am not the only one with an attachment there are emotions involved but no one go anywhere. There is business to do, lessons to learn and stories to share.

Especially you two (J and Scoop). Wouldn't be the same without ya ;)

Finally! Now, that's what the heck I'm talking about....dang finally!

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look, I responded to your silly complaint already...and you keep going on and on. I was very nice and responded to you and apparently it was not good enough for you. We have many longtime members...you're no different. The only person I really see with an "attitude" here is you... And other than your rants...I see nothing where you have been understanding to any real degree. George and I are not internet techs...we have to interview techs and hire the right techs we believe who have our best interests. The back end is full of massive information...and confidentially is of the upmost importance for the security of everyone.... Some things will never be discussed on the forum as it relates to forum business...it is private and not open for public discussion. Many websites go down for various reasons and many times have nothing to do with their owners...it just happens. Do you really believe we did it on purpose? Do you really believe we would not notify each member? Do you really truly believe we would not have at least put up an landing page? Do truly believe I even have to explain anything to you? These are questions you should ask yourself... Let's move on and sell & buy domain names.... that's what its about...​

Listen, its not silly complain, my post was in response to George's silly response that he sent to "J Dub". Nothing against you though Kevin. You have been helpful throughout. Honestly, I don't care even my account is closed here. But instead of calling members silly and telling them you guys will close their accounts, be constructive, and admit your "f ups" and then move on instead of telling people closing their accounts.

As far support goes, everyone knows how many second chances this forum has been given. This is my last post for the year. All the best to you Kevin.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought the site was dead again and not coming back. I deleted it from my bookmarks. I can't remember what lead me back today but thankfully I checked.

I think the point is letting people know what's going on before it happens or they might think like I did but not come back.

I see some new features. I really like them. Good luck to the new owners.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi all

hey new owners.. what's poppin?

hey old memba's who still come back to see what the deal wif dnf is, wat's poppin?

lot of history here, and i hiz-zope you can regrow the base,

Good Luck!

imo.....

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi all

hey new owners.. what's poppin?

hey old memba's who still come back to see what the deal wif dnf is, wat's poppin?

lot of history here, and i hiz-zope you can regrow the base,

Good Luck!

imo.....
WELCOME BACK BIGGIE :)

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought the site was dead again and not coming back. I deleted it from my bookmarks. I can't remember what lead me back today but thankfully I checked.

I think the point is letting people know what's going on before it happens or they might think like I did but not come back.

I see some new features. I really like them. Good luck to the new owners.
WELCOME BACK TIA :)

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Everybody has BAD days!

newviewit

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if new new owners are looking for suggestions - try to incorporate more categories for 'free' users. Not everyone will pay membership fees straight away and if there's not enough 'free' content then these users will go to another forum.

Julio

DominioNombres.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bring back the $DNF with new things to buy and new members could upgrade their accounts. Also so we can sell / buy $DNF.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators