Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Today's Auction at Bido.com -- VQU.com - No Reserve!

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1)Title, and body contain 2 different names.
2)Bido crashes my firefox.
3) How would you respond that in the economic climate the build up to bido was overrated, and the final product isnt all it was cut out to be (in the politest way). I was considering auctioning some names through BIDO, but you pay commission, AND lose money compared to other market venues.

Cheers

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it vqu.com or vuq.com? Either way the both really suck.

Bido.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1)Title, and body contain 2 different names.
Will be sorted, thanks.

2)Bido crashes my firefox.
Can you tell me what modifications/plugins you have made to your firefox, please?

3) How would you respond that in the economic climate the build up to bido was overrated, and the final product isnt all it was cut out to be (in the politest way). I was considering auctioning some names through BIDO, but you pay commission, AND lose money compared to other market venues.

Cheers

Actually, the product was always stated to be a 1-a-day domain auction service, and we have kept very true to that matter. So, the final product matched the description that we always gave. Maybe I'm not clear on your question?

As Bido.com is a new service, it is evident that we will need some ramp time before we have a user base of hundreds of thousands of bidders. Because of this, we have auctioned off alot of our own house domains so we absorb alot of this initial impact ourselves. But as we grow (and we are growing by leaps and bounds) we are incorporating more and more domain names from our user base. Our intent is get to a point where we auction off nothing but our clients domain names, and that will be coming soon.

Thanks for your questions!!

Sean

Is it vqu.com or vuq.com?

It's VQU.com

Thanks!

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im using Firefox/1.0.4, and the title loads, then Firefox has encountered an error, click here to close appears.. no plugins.

Regarding my 3rd question, it was not re the platform or the product. Rather names sold at BIDO simply dont seem to sell for what they are worth. Good for bidders, but obviously bad for sellers. Considering we are in a 'selling' situation atm, that isnt great.
The way it was sold, and the amount of advertising PR etc that has gone into it, the outcome in terms of selling your domains seems to be poor.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks like VQU.com went cheap.. sold at $6551 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom