Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Today's .ca market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering your thoughts on the .ca market these days. I haven't sold a .ca in a while now but really haven't been trying to. It seems there are still quite a few decent names available to register or maybe I have just been lucky with my recent registrations.

Has anyone been selling .ca's recently for decent prices? Are you buying them at low prices? Just wondering people's thoughts on the current market.

Domain Days 2024

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
market sucks - sales down., you are preaching to the choir!

Time to get creative in reaching the end user. I have tried a couple of things to spur demand.
-sent intro emails to corporations showcasing domains that are relevant to their core biz, even going as far as tipping them off to a strategic use for the domain I am profiling.
-tried different venues to sell eBay/Targeted Classified Ads
-threaten to blow myself up if they don't buy anything (not working)

So other then putting more effort into sales. Not much is moving

victornumber

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just had a 5k+ sale yesterday for .ca if you count that. Still in escrow.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice sale victor, are you able to share the name?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes please share would be nice to know :)

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time to get creative in reaching the end user.

How do you approach an end-user without sounding liek a dirtbag? I've gone over some of the ideas I've written down but never sent as well as some people's actual letters and they all sound like asking for a ransom.

Maybe I was tired when I read them, but the feeling I got was that they all sounded like..."I've got something that you want, let's talk"

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you're investing in the right names...you don't need to contact anyone. Just be patient and wait ... ;)

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's true, patience pays off but it's getting to be a long waiting game with the current market situation... hopefully when the summer is over we will see some more action

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're investing in the right names...you don't need to contact anyone. Just be patient and wait ... ;)

I agree with this and to add to it the point of having the right names will lead to success even in the current reseller market hinges on having or investing in premium names. I think I have shown this now with over a dozen 4-5 figure dot ca sales on the boards.

The dot ca market is funny in this sense. The value on a generic can range so vastly you MUST invest in as premium of a name as possible. For example, owning hammers.ca is nice, owning construction.ca is the difference between $1k+++ and $50k. This is not the dot com market ( yet ) and so picking up so-so generics may be your plan and it may do ok for you, the lack of reseller or end users willing to pay big money now is hinging on how powerful that generic is... my goal is aim for a market and obtain the most powerful keywords for that industry if I cannot obtain them, I move on. Not everyones plan I know but explains why I achieve great prices, offer great industry leading keywords.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Latest dnjournal report shows ibond.ca sold for $2k US at Sedo.

Country code domains are getting good press lately, like with promotion from Rick Latona and his country code auction in Europe, which had some .ca sales too. He also promotes country codes in his blog postings, like the coming landrush for .mx

You might not know it from looking at the .ca market here, but compared to 2 or 3 years ago there is more going on. For example, all the MyID auctions, and increased competition at TBRs.

Since late last year I've had more inquiries/interest about my .ca's. But like theinvestor said, it's all about having the exact name someone wants, and that can be hard to figure out when you're out there speculating on what .ca to acquire. For example, over the last year I picked up two names in TBR that no one else bid on, and sold each for around $1500. Those names wouldn't have sold for $100 on this forum. Plus I have some interest in another now for around 1k. I know these aren't huge amounts but if domaining is a supplement to your full time job, sales like this can make a difference to your household.

I said this a while ago but right now is a time to hold your quality names if you can, jettison the low quality stuff and maintain your renewals. I am rarely fresh regging anymore, just trying to pick off quality names in TBRs - where the quality seems to be decreasing each week. Though there are some good deals in the forum now on .ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom