Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Today's gTLD numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please post some numbers to support that, thanks. I mean, it's ok if you're not interested, but to claim that A is B when it's AB that's another story.

On the contrary, I've seen NON-DOMAINERS skip the .com and go for the keyword.gtld - that shows you that with minimal effort, these domains are reaching beyond the small world of domainers.
All i have is what i've seen looking at select whois searches, sorry i don't have any actual numbers. and yeah, i've seen non-domainers skip the .com and go for the gltd but these people were doing so with the intent of reselling thinking they had value. i think they are wrong but thats my opinion. i contribute this to the misconception that all the 'good' .com's are taken. people don't even take the time to check and just assume or they think keyword. gtld = keyword.com when it reality keyword.gtld = keyword+gtld.com

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So you did 95% of 40,000 searches? Or 100? I mean, let's be accurate here instead of trying to sensationalize things.

All i have is what i've seen looking at select whois searches, sorry i don't have any actual numbers. and yeah, i've seen non-domainers skip the .com and go for the gltd but these people were doing so with the intent of reselling thinking they had value. i think they are wrong but thats my opinion.

I have 30-35 gTLD domains so far, and I consider myself a big supporter. So assuming others are equally or less supportive of the gTLDs, the numbers won't add up. You'd have to have thousands of 'domainers' shelling out a lot of money for a market that is already polarized: 50/50.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did a quick simple search on Google.com for site:.technology.

I was pleasantly surprised to see so many really nice sites from technology sectors.

Yes, some of these new gTLD's will see success with early adoption.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 12 .technology domains and I still can't get them on the results from site:technology. That problem plus others who have yet to change the DNS, there may be more than the report says

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro, are you gonna be transitioning your blog and websites over to .somethingelse domains yet? :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom