Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Too Many Auction Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsam

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The big mistake that GreatDomains.com and Afternic.com made was that they failed to make prominent the potent names because users had to shift through all the tripe.

The auction has been quite successful because until now people have been able to propose only 2 names per auction. This is one reason why I now support the idea of a small annual subscription charge.

On the other hand, this next auction has *FAR* too many names listed. Im worried now that if this continues, the quality and number of attendees will gradually drop as entries increase and quality of those entries fall.

Cant we just limit each entrant to one domain per auction? At least that way people will be highly selective, it will increase the quality of the auction and attract more buyers.

Upvote 0

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is logical, however, there are only 123 domains listed for the auction so far this week which does'nt take much time at all. Maybe when the listings exceed over 200 - 250 domains per auction should this be looked at a bit closer.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by samsam
this next auction has *FAR* too many names listed.

What ARE you talking about SamSam! This next auction has the second fewest of any auction to date and that is with 3 entries allowed per person. The first few auctions were over 200 each. My concern is just the opposite. If there aren't enough entries then attendance will suffer. Most of us have portfolios that are large enough to easily put in 3 decent names each week. Admittedly a fair number of bad names go in but that will be the case regardless of how many entries are allowed. I would like to see the entry list at around 150-200 every week, then you have a much better chance of finding a good name. Last week's auction which had just under the number this week, took barely over an hour to run. Maybe you have a short attention span. :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Maybe you have a short attention span. :)

Hey, I got one of those ... I say, one of those! :D

See you ALL tom'w night (Sunday, 2/23). Looks to be 123 pretty sharp-looking, :cool: domains listed ... 93 of 'em with ONLY $1 Starting bids!! :D W :eek: W !!
See you there.
Good Luck.

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think 200 is a good amount., After 150 or 200 the names all start looking the same to me.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I pulled mine out of this week's (re)auction since I will be on a plane to Vegas while it is going on. That's 3 less!

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
See you ALL SUNDAY night (Sunday, 3/2). Looks to be NOW 107 pretty sharp-looking, :cool: domains listed ... 84 of 'em with ONLY $1 Starting bids!! W :eek: W !!
See you there.
Good Luck.

UPDATED/EDITED above on 2/28. :D
Have fun.
:cool:

jingle

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
maybe the domains could be listed in order of the highest proxy bid, (the domains would still be started at $1 during the auction) So later, if there are several hundred domains listed, and you don't want to wait a long time before a certain domain comes up, just put a nice proxy bid on it so it gets bumped up near the beginning of the auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom