Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Top Pet Peeves in Domain Industry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

stuartsdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Being threatened by large record companies like 'SONY BMG' when you are using a name as a legitimate fan site, yet they still think they can just steel it from you, even though you are making no profit from the name, its not my fought i reg'd it before they did.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having to listen to people whine about copyright/trademark infringement and their weak defense of why they think they should be able to own someone else's property.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So many. Recent one is members listing names in the appraisal section when they really only want to sell or brag about a name they own.

stuartsdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Having to listen DNGEEKS past judgement on something she knows nothing about.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like watching the one-upmanship on appraising decent domains. Will start at $x,xxx next appraisal $xx,xxx, next appraisal "high $xx,xxx", next appraisal $xxx,xxx, etc.

I also love seeing an appraisal that says "it will probably be worth twice that in a couple of years". Really? How much will my house be worth in a couple of years? How much will Google stock be worth in a couple of years?

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great names that are wasted by clueless owners. Clueless owners that refuse to sell their site to me ;-)

And no I am not talking about parked domain that would be better used developed. I am talking about great domains featuring incredibly crapy sites that where put up in 98 and haven't been updated since and with one or two pages of content.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A great domain that does not resolve for many yrs., sometimes never, not even to a parked page. An amazing real estate name comes to mind with Overture of 35,000 with ext for the past several yrs even without it working. It always went to a page not found error for at least 5 yrs or longer while I was monitoring it. Only recently it resolves to a website. Can you imagine how much revenue the owner lost over the years?

Another Pet Peeve are people (mostly newbies) who appear to have joined dnf because (often by luck) they happen to own an upper-tier name and seem to be posting mostly to let everyone know about their Gold Rush name. It appears they are not trying to really sell it but mostly asking for valuations and the bragging rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom