Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

tough question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, here goes...

I am a hosting space reseller for my clientelle. As such, I have an account at a hosting company, where I pay one monthly fee and can set up as many domains in my space as I want to.

My master domain name, frontrowmarketing.com, is set up at 000domains.com (a tucows/opensrs registrar). When I set up my hosting account, I was required to register my nameservers (dns1.frontrowmarketing.com, etc) at 000domains, and now all of my client's web sites point to that dns.

Recently, I began using an eNom reseller account, and have been gradually moving my domains over to that at almost half the cost of 000domains.

My question is this - when it comes time to move my main domain to eNom, what happens to the dns registration that occurred at 000domains? Will I have to re-register at eNom? If so, can I overlap, or do I have to wait for the transfer to be complete? Will there be any downtime?

This is new territory for me, and I would appreciate any guidance anyone may be able to offer.

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by frontrowmktg
Will I have to re-register at eNom?
Short answer - no.

I've recently done exactly the same thing - the central registry holds the IPs for your nameservers and it doesn't matter where the domain name is held.

Lats...

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Agreed, your site and those hosted on it's name servers will not be affected in anyway.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that's a relief - thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom