Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Town .com Names

• Thread starter Deleted member 70408
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 70408

I own a group of 63 town names from throughout the country, most of which have populations of between 200 - 12,000 people. What is the best way to sell this group of names? If you know anything about Geo names, you know that they are very difficult to acquire. Enter just about any city, town, county, village....etc name, and the .com is probably not available to register. Anyone know of a place to market this small portfolio?

Domain Days 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
200-12,000 people is more like a village population if i am not mistaken.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, realtors can monetize the traffic really well so start there.
Also do a search and find the daily paper for the town. Not like "Podunk Times" but say the town is a small town near hartford ct. Then I would call or send an email to The Hartford Courant which is the largest area daily paper and see if they are interested.

Find the towns local gossip website or town related website and see who the largest advertiser is and approach them.

GL

John

D

Deleted member 70408

200-12,000 people is more like a village population if i am not mistaken.
According to Wikipedia:
A village is defined as: "A village is a human residential settlement commonly found in rural areas. It is usually larger than a hamlet and smaller than a town or city. Villages have been the normal unit of community living in most areas of the world throughout its history, up until the Industrial revolution and the ongoing process of urbanization. In many U.S. states, a village is a type of municipal government"

A town is defined as: "A town is a residential community of people ranging from a few hundred to several thousands, although it may be applied loosely even to huge metropolitan areas. Generally, a "town" is thought of as larger than a village but smaller than a "city."

H

H2FC

Why don't you post them here...maybe someone would be interested.

D

Deleted member 70408

I don't wish to make it a public sale to be quite honest. I like the idea of contacting local papers and real estate agents. I think I may do that, although I would prefer to sell in bulk. Less effort this way :)

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea what a City.com with a population of 75,000 could fetch? This is mostly a retirement community.

That is impossible to anser. In fact it is impossible to answer for most small towns or big towns for that matter.

I sold the name of a resort town in Rhode Island with a tiny pop. for $5000 I sold a much larger towns name for the same amount. I have also held on to names for years which have only received $100 offers.

If it's a really good resort town then I would call their Chamber of Commerce and say something to the effect of, "I had a website on xxxxxxtown.com and unfortunately I am now liquidating it. I wanted to give you a shot at the name before I make it available to others."

During the conversation bring up that you don't mind if they offer it to other chamber members.

This does a couple of things. First it gets the name out in front of your best audience. Second, it creates the fear of loss. If I am a realtor and I see my town name for sale and my competitor buys it I am going to be PISSED!

Anyway just a little insight.

GL

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great infomation
Thanks
That is impossible to anser. In fact it is impossible to answer for most small towns or big towns for that matter.

I sold the name of a resort town in Rhode Island with a tiny pop. for $5000 I sold a much larger towns name for the same amount. I have also held on to names for years which have only received $100 offers.

If it's a really good resort town then I would call their Chamber of Commerce and say something to the effect of, "I had a website on xxxxxxtown.com and unfortunately I am now liquidating it. I wanted to give you a shot at the name before I make it available to others."

During the conversation bring up that you don't mind if they offer it to other chamber members.

This does a couple of things. First it gets the name out in front of your best audience. Second, it creates the fear of loss. If I am a realtor and I see my town name for sale and my competitor buys it I am going to be PISSED!

Anyway just a little insight.

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom