Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trace someons's IP address !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone has been spamming my personal e-mail with junk this past month. I saw a post on this forum regarding a site that performed services for FREE like tracing someone's IP address. I can't remember the URL. I was there myself numerous times to check it out. It was really cool. I need to locate the origin of this spammer. I have his IP, and all I need now is your help. If you know of any site doing this than please post. Coz that spammer's days are numbered :)

Have a good one!

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Goh. Now I have his location at least :) Keep 'em coming. Still looking for the site I've been to in the past.

Not sure if your isp will help you to block email being sent from there, but doesn't hurt for you to ask your isp for help. G/L.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try domainwhitepages.com, as well, and click ALL THE BOXES. Even gives you a traceroute.

:cool:

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if your isp will help you to block email being sent from there, but doesn't hurt for you to ask your isp for help. G/L.

Thanks dotsofdomains that was acutally the site I was looking for. Great stuff...

Goh this guy is slick. He does not spam me from his own e-mail. But he uses a form on one of my sites and keeps submitting them with junk. However, all the submissions will catch hist IP. I guess some people are foolish enough to think that they can get away with anything just as long their e-mail doesn't show. I will track him down, and scare the living shit out of him :)

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
He uses a form on one of your sites ??? Alarm bells ringing ;)

Update your mail form or delete it asap, Or your host or server provider will have to delete your site for spamming. It's probably the old Matt mail form - most hosts have updated it by now, but some still use it.

Originally posted by kvinsencius

Thanks dotsofdomains that was acutally the site I was looking for. Great stuff...

Goh this guy is slick. He does not spam me from his own e-mail. But he uses a form on one of my sites and keeps submitting them with junk. However, all the submissions will catch hist IP. I guess some people are foolish enough to think that they can get away with anything just as long their e-mail doesn't show. I will track him down, and scare the living shit out of him :)

Just change the file name of your standard formmail.cgi into something else and update your html file accordingly. There are people who attempt some domains' standard name formmail and use it to spam others. G/L.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great to see this exchange of ideas and assistance guys, which makes a community like this great to be part of.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info DotComster and Goh!! Yes, you are right FIZZ. Being a part of a community like this can be rewarding. Especially, when it has great members like you who helped me out in this thread. Thanks a lot all!!

P.S. I have posted parts of his I.P on my site to warn him that if he does not stop, legal actions will be taken. I already know his ISP and his location. Final word - don't mess with people without a good reason. Because they might come back and bite you in the a..:D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great to see things working out kv.

Originally posted by goh
fizz, 2 points closer! :laugh:

Dang you're sharp goh, LOL

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
kvin:

Did you learn what you wanted to know?

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotsofdomains
kvin:

Did you learn what you wanted to know?

Yes DoD, I got all the info I wanted. Thanks to the effort of some of the members here. I don't recieve any spam e-mails any longer. Who knows, he might be a member here? :D

"Did you learn what you wanted to know?" translated into "Did you learn how I just earned two more dan bux?"
PS: Me too!

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh
"Did you learn what you wanted to know?" translated into "Did you learn how I just earned two more dan bux?"
PS: Me too!

LOL goh!! I think I earned more Dan bucks then you since I started the thread. What happened with all your money????

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom