Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Trademark warning letter and request to deregister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizzeyDripping

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ignoring a problem rarely makes it go away. You seem to want to try and make a point against this corporation. They may feel the same way and they are more likely to prove theirs. You are also making large assumptions regarding how this corporation is dealing with other cybersquatters. How do you know they are not busily preparing to UDRP / sue these other sites which they perceive as infringing on their brand?

In order to succeed in defending a UDRP yourself you will almost certainly need to understand a lot more about trade marks and domain name dispute resolution than your comments here suggest you do now.

As far as I can see, you have nothing to gain by clinging onto this domain. The company isn't even requesting transfer. If you all of a sudden change the use after receiving the C&D, any spurious argument relating to your cat or dog is unlikely to convince a panelist. It may cost them a couple of grand to take you through a UDRP, maybe less as they appear to have their own IP lawyer. Or they may feel like taking you to Court - it'd cost them more but then they can ask for damages against you too.

Just comply is my advice! Life's too short as it is! ;)

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
too bad denny isn't here - he always has great advice and experience in this area

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not even selling anything. The registrar allows the free ads for cheap knockoffs. I didn't even ask for free parking.

Is it the registrars decision to have the DNS setup the way it is, or is it yours?

My point is this: For all I care I may well have a dog called Adidas and a parrot called Waterloo and one day in the future I might decide to do a website on them called adidaswaterloo.com (not real brand/location name)

Did you put up a site about your parrot and dog?? For further reference, look up perumebay.com. You know, the good ole days when "you would watch as the perfume boats float into the bay" imagery.

If I ask the registrar to remove the free parking page where other peoples knock off ads proliferate, Can I then tell the complaining company to go away and why they should go away?

If the sie was used in an illegal manner, why "should" they go away.

I have no problem deregistering, but I don't give in easily

hence the long threads that should have easily been bone after 3 or 4 posts.

It comes down to usage, you did nothing to create an interest in the domain. Additionally, it was used in a commercial manner, regardles if you profited or not, it was still used that way and you made the ultimate decision on how it was being used.

gramma said:
too bad Denny isn't here - he always has great advice and experience in this area

Why is Denny's grandma here? and why isn't she banned yet?? LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom