Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TRAFFIC and SnapNames Showcase auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

Just a reminder about the upcoming TRAFFIC and SnapNames Showcase auctions – both in October!

For the TRAFFIC auction, we are looking for fairly priced names above $25K/each but only a few in the $100K range. Sweet spot would be $25K-$35K range.

The October Showcase auction will consist of Money/Finance domain names. These names should be priced to sell between $15K-$75K.

We are now accepting submissions for both events! If you have names you’d like to submit for consideration, please do so ASAP! To submit names, please link to: http://www.snapnames.com

Any questions let us know!

Thanks! ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hi Bari - a few questions for you :)

Do these domains have to be moved to Moniker prior to the auction/sale?

Are they to be listed exclusively for the event and is there a lock-down period once listed, e.g. past the end of the event?

If a transfer to Moniker is needed after a successful sale (instead of prior to it), is there a surcharge fee?

Can domains that can't be moved (e.g. within the 60 day non-transfer period after a registrar move) be listed for sale? How is such a transaction facilitated if the domain sells? (e.g. would it delay completing the transaction until a transfer to Moniker is completed?)

What is the current "cut" of Snapnames for each sale?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Bari - a few questions for you :)

Are they to be listed exclusively for the event and is there a lock-down period once listed, e.g. past the end of the event?

If a transfer to Moniker is needed after a successful sale (instead of prior to it), is there a surcharge fee?

Can domains that can't be moved (e.g. within the 60 day non-transfer period after a registrar move) be listed for sale? How is such a transaction facilitated if the domain sells? (e.g. would it delay completing the transaction until a transfer to Moniker is completed?)

Hey Acro – to answer your questions:

Names don't have to be at Moniker to be submitted for consideration however IF names are selected for auction then yes, they’ll need to be transferred prior to the event.

There is a 60 day exclusivity on all auction submissions.

If a transfer to Moniker is needed after a successful sale, is there a surcharge fee?

If you don't transfer names prior to the event and names are sold, yes there is a surcharge of $100/per name.

Yes, they can be listed for sale. In the event of a successful domain sale, we would work with the registrar to have the name released early.

SnapNames fee is 15% / Moniker fee (live/extended) is 15%

Thanks!

torlanco

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just submitted:
debtauto.com
epicsell.com
epicdebt.com
bankindustries.com
epicsale.com
boatdebt.com

Do you think theyll make it ?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just submitted:
debtauto.com
epicsell.com
epicdebt.com
bankindustries.com
epicsale.com
boatdebt.com

Do you think theyll make it ?

Hey torlanco

Thanks for submitting. I don't know if they'll make it or not. They go through a selection committee which I am (unfortunately) not apart of. I will however keep my fingers crossed for ya!

torlanco

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
collectionloans.com is currently voted on in Bido, do you think I should auction it there or move it to snapnames.com?

I think it might be worth something.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
collectionloans.com is currently voted on in Bido, do you think I should auction it there or move it to snapnames.com?

I think it might be worth something.

If it's at Moniker, go ahead and list it on SnapNames.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks Bari, you're the best.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Bari,

I have a quick question that also might be of use to others, so here goes:

I just submitted some domains for the TRAFFIC auction, with nice round reserve prices (for example, $400). But then I thought I remembered that in the past, Moniker or SnapNames added the commission to that price; for example, my $400 domain would become $471, so I would clear $400 ($471 - 15%) if it sold.

Is that true? I would prefer $400 to be the actual starting price, then have the 15% deducted from the final bid (meaning that if it sold at $400, I would get $340).

Please let me know if I need to change the prices. Thanks.

Hi All!

Just a reminder about the upcoming TRAFFIC and SnapNames Showcase auctions – both in October!

For the TRAFFIC auction, we are looking for fairly priced names above $25K/each but only a few in the $100K range. Sweet spot would be $25K-$35K range.

The October Showcase auction will consist of Money/Finance domain names. These names should be priced to sell between $15K-$75K.

We are now accepting submissions for both events! If you have names you’d like to submit for consideration, please do so ASAP! To submit names, please link to: http://www.snapnames.com

Any questions let us know!

Thanks! ;)

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Bari,

I have a quick question that also might be of use to others, so here goes:

I just submitted some domains for the TRAFFIC auction, with nice round reserve prices (for example, $400). But then I thought I remembered that in the past, Moniker or SnapNames added the commission to that price; for example, my $400 domain would become $471, so I would clear $400 ($471 - 15%) if it sold.

Is that true? I would prefer $400 to be the actual starting price, then have the 15% deducted from the final bid (meaning that if it sold at $400, I would get $340).

Please let me know if I need to change the prices. Thanks.

Yes, Randomo - you set the reserve price and then Moniker/SnapNames adds on their commission on top of that.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, Randomo - you set the reserve price and then Moniker/SnapNames adds on their commission on top of that.
That's a shame - now I need to go back and request price changes. :sigh: Oh well, maybe I'll remember that they do it that way next time. (Would be nice if that were made clear on the domain submission page!)

IBN

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Jrzeygirl,

1. Domains that are locked down for the exclusive 60 period and do not sell at auction, can they still be sold through snap/moniker ect..?

2. Snap is %15, Moniker is %15 so does that mean that names that are submitted and sold will be subject to a 30% commission? Is %15 or %30 added to the reserve price that is set? Like what was said above, %15 percent will be automatically added to the reserve, what about the other %15?

Thanks..

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Jrzeygirl,

1. Domains that are locked down for the exclusive 60 period and do not sell at auction, can they still be sold through snap/moniker ect..?

2. Snap is %15, Moniker is %15 so does that mean that names that are submitted and sold will be subject to a 30% commission? Is %15 or %30 added to the reserve price that is set? Like what was said above, %15 percent will be automatically added to the reserve, what about the other %15?

Thanks..

Domains that are locked down for the exclusive 60 period and do not sell at auction, can they still be sold through snap/moniker ect..?

YES

Snap is %15, Moniker is %15 so does that mean that names that are submitted and sold will be subject to a 30% commission? Is %15 or %30 added to the reserve price that is set? Like what was said above, %15 percent will be automatically added to the reserve, what about the other %15?

No, that’s not what it means. Each auction is separate. If you sell a name on SnapNames, you pay SnapNames commission. If you sell a name with Moniker, you pay Moniker commission. BTW - Moniker live/extended auction % is 20% NOT 15%. We add our commission onto your reserve price.

Thanks

IBN

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My bad, thanks Bari,
Domains that are locked down for the exclusive 60 period and do not sell at auction, can they still be sold through snap/moniker ect..?

YES

Snap is %15, Moniker is %15 so does that mean that names that are submitted and sold will be subject to a 30% commission? Is %15 or %30 added to the reserve price that is set? Like what was said above, %15 percent will be automatically added to the reserve, what about the other %15?

No, that’s not what it means. Each auction is separate. If you sell a name on SnapNames, you pay SnapNames commission. If you sell a name with Moniker, you pay Moniker commission. BTW - Moniker live/extended auction % is 20% NOT 15%. We add our commission onto your reserve price.

Thanks

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I submit a domain for the SnapNames October auction and it isn't accepted into the auction, will the domain still be subject to the exclusivity period or can I then turn around and put it up for sale somewhere else?

Thanks in advance!

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I submit a domain for the SnapNames October auction and it isn't accepted into the auction, will the domain still be subject to the exclusivity period or can I then turn around and put it up for sale somewhere else?

Thanks in advance!

Of course! All domain submissions are under a 60 day exclusivity agreement.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course! All domain submissions are under a 60 day exclusivity agreement.
Of course? If all domain submissions are under a 60-day exclusivity agreement, I won't submit any domains at all!

Let's say I submit a domain worth $xx,xxx, but you turn it down. According to you, Moniker/SnapNames would still be the exclusive broker for the domain, although they explicitly said they did not want to broker it. It also means that, if I decide to sell the domain myself during that 60-day period, you will come to me and say, hey, we want our $x,xxx commission?

What for? Go rob someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom