Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TRAFFIC and SnapNames Showcase auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys need to give her a break - It's Saturday and she wants to go to the beach!

THANKS Johnn - but no beach today! It's the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashana and I'm celebrating the Jewish New Year with my family (well, trying anyway) ;)

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just for the record:

Bari, I do appreciate that you're such an active member of the forum and that you're always helping those of us who run into problems at Moniker every now and then. Although I'm overall quite satisfied with Moniker's customer support, you were here to help me when they were too slow or for some reason couldn't help in a few exceptional cases. Thank you for all your help!

My comments in this thread were not targeted at Bari but at Moniker and SnapNames. I think it is not fair to force domain sellers into accepting an exclusivity agreement simply by submitting domains for consideration. The agreement should only come into effect when SnapNames actually decides to sell a domain in its showcase auction, but not when SnapNames turns you down.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course! All domain submissions are under a 60 day exclusivity agreement.

Perhaps this is something that should be changed..

As dodo1 suggests and mentioned in the forums before

The agreement should only come into effect when SnapNames actually decides to sell a domain in its showcase auction, but not when SnapNames turns you down.

Perhaps something to consider

My 2 cents

jim

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For Clarification: The auction domains submitted are locked up under the exclusive agreement temporarily during the selection phase in order for us to make sure we are choosing names that are actually "for sale" and not already "sold" domains. The exclusive period ends if the domain is not selected and continues if the cases where the name is selected.

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With the amount of action/domains getting bids in the silent auction its not worth being tied up for the time frame... I have sold domains shortly after Moniker has not accepted them...and I was glad they were turn down. Moniker/Snapnames auction is just one option to sell not the only...to ask someone to tie up his domains/business while you guys sit on them is too controlling to accept, considering the ratio of sales/action your silent auction is bring in. Now if you have active action on something I would see more in your favour but I would say the major % of domains you hold over that time frame would be just collecting dust. JMO

Show us the stats of the % of after auction sales rate. Maybe I would change my mind.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John thats good news but is this a new policy or was this the way it always was and all prior posts incorrect ??

jim

Perhaps the wording of the TOS caused the confusion ?

https://www.snapnames.com/domainsales/terms.action

The following terms apply to all Sellers submitting Names for sale at an Auction depending on the class of Services used, either Moniker Service or SnapNames Services.

3.1 Exclusive Sale Period for Moniker Services and SnapNames Showcase Auctions
For all names submitted by Seller to Moniker/SnapNames for sale in inclusion at live and online Auctions conducted by Moniker and SnapNames Showcase Auctions, Seller grants to Moniker/SnapNames the exclusive right and authority to sell such domain names for a period of (a) sixty days (60) calendar days from the date of such submission
(whether through online submission process, Addenda, e-mail or other written correspondence) or (b) sixty (60) days from the conclusion of any auction or private sale taking place after the submission/declaring of the Name(s) on the ADDENDA, whichever occurs later (the "Exclusive Moniker Sale Period"). To avoid resubmission of names for multiple auctions and events, if, at the time of submission of a name, the seller of the name elects to have any name which is not sold at a particular auction to be sold in subsequent auctions run by Moniker/SnapNames, the Exclusive Moniker Sale Period will automatically renew at the end of each term unless Seller notifies Moniker/SnapNames in writing within 15 days of expiration of the Exclusive Moniker Sale Period that it is terminating such period

For Clarification: The auction domains submitted are locked up under the exclusive agreement temporarily during the selection phase in order for us to make sure we are choosing names that are actually "for sale" and not already "sold" domains. The exclusive period ends if the domain is not selected and continues if the cases where the name is selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom